cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error testing Web Service...

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created new web service ZDEMO_ACCOUNT in web service creation tool. I can see the WSDL page created. Now, when I test the webservice.....I am getting error saying "Error retrieving URL to Web Service test page for Web Service Name Zdemo_account".

Could anyone please tell why I am facing this error.

Regards,

Phani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ali_mohammed5
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have fixed this issue by setting up a new web service user account with authorization object s_service , the user and password were maintained at the service level by using soamanager --> Business Administration -> Web service administrations -> select the web service --> conifigurations -> edit and maintain userid and password . Check in transaction SICF and it should visible there too ( it will dissappear from the soamanager screens randomly but check SICF if it there or not ).

When the link for open web service navigator for selected binding is clicked , it should open up the portal internet explorer webs services navigator screen( or which ever java server that is linked in the Technical configuration ---> system global settings --> Access information J2EE server ).

In the Business administration > overview> click Open WSDL document for selected binding . Copy and paste this link in the web services navigator screen --> WSDL or URL of the web service field . Should ask you for a logon of the end point system and bring up the test browser.

Good Luck

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

have created a WebService using the WST but when I try to test the page in WST, I get the following error message: 'Error retrieving URL to Web service test page for Web service'. Can you help me in fixing this error?

I have already assigned a user name/pwd for the service in SICF txn and also ensured that the service is activated. What possibly could be the reason for the error?

Also if you could let me know the step-by-step procedure you followed for creating a webservice would be of help.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

People,

Did someone solve this issue ?

Many thanks,

Pablo.

raul_natu
Explorer
0 Kudos

i have the same problem. when i run SIRF

it gives this xml

- <soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap-env:Header /> 
- <soap-env:Body>
- <soap-env:Fault>
  <faultcode>soap-env:Server</faultcode> 
  <faultstring xml:lang="en">SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received</faultstring> 
- <detail>
- <ns:SystemFault xmlns:ns="http://www.sap.com/webas/710/soap/runtime/abap/fault/system/">
  <Host>undefined</Host> 
  <Component>COREMSG</Component> 
- <ChainedException>
  <Exception_Name>CX_SOAP_CORE</Exception_Name> 
  <Exception_Text>SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received</Exception_Text> 
  </ChainedException>
  </ns:SystemFault>
  </detail>
  </soap-env:Fault>
  </soap-env:Body>
  </soap-env:Envelope>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please open the transaction SOAMANAGER (or WSADMIN in older SPSes)

and set the neccessary administrative values (like the J2EE hostname)

there. Please refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2b/036829d238dc46bad91bff15

63e183/frameset.htm

for more information.

Here are the steps necessary to be followed to avoid the problem faced

currently.

Here are the steps in the SOAMANAGER for J2EE config. (host&port)

1. Go to the Technical Configuration tab.

2. Choose System Global Settings.

3. Select the tab 'Access Information J2EE server'

4. Choose Edit/Display.

5. Specify a host name and a port number.

6. Save

Once the above changes are performed, please test the application again.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Varsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have the same problem.

I checked SOAMANAGER as suggested but the error remained as it was.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Silvina Betzalel

this is the request:

POST /sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/ZGILI_REASON?sap-client=800 HTTP/1.1

Host: sap-CRP.advantech.co.il:8000

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8

Connection: close

Authorization: <value is hidden>

Content-Length: 658

SOAPAction: ""

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><SOAP-ENV:Header><sapsess:Session xmlns:sapsess="http://www.sap.com/webas/630/soap/features/session/"><enableSession>true</enableSession></sapsess:Session></SOAP-ENV:Header><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:_-crmost_-zgiliReasonRead xmlns:ns1='urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style'><Input><ZgiliReason><ProcessType></ProcessType><ObjectId>10777</ObjectId></ZgiliReason></Input></ns1:_-crmost_-zgiliReasonRead></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

(this is the response i get:

HTTP/1.1 500 CX_ST_REF_ACCESS:XSLT exception.Error accessing the ref. node 'OBJECT_ID'

Set-Cookie: <value is hidden>

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

content-length: 0

accept: text/xml

sap-srt_id: 20090525/142449/v1.00_final_6.40/DE491EA7509287F1A1AD001372F9E659

server: SAP Web Application Server (1.0;700)

jorge_melman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've the same symptoms ...

did someone solve it ?

ali_mohammed5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same issue and are trying to use web services for the first time. One of the questions i have is, if it necessary for the logical port with the the HTTP destination( rfc destination of type G, pointing to some directory in the java server) to be configured to get the test to work. If required, i have not had any luck working with the basis team to set up that rfc destination (and have not connection errors). we are on ECC6.0 with NW 7.0 and am trying to use the BW java server ( as the ECC system does not have the java stack running).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge!

Please try to implement notes:

Best Regards,

Silvina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am very much confused about the selection of SAP Module. I did 10+22001 in PCM, B.A(Hons)in Geography2004, PGDCA-2006 through Distance learning and MCA-2008 also through distance learning.I am not good in programing but having interest in database and ERP. I am in job since 2004 and holding more then 3 years of experience in total with HCL-BPO and UnitedHealth Group as an Operations Executive.More then 2 years of my experience is in healthcare insurance industry only.

I will be very much thankful If anyone can suggest me which Module will be best for me as per my experience and qualifications.

Thanks and Regards

Gulfam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should create a new thread for your questions, pls dont change the subject in others post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to activate the service in transaction SICF.

Search there for the name of your created WebService.

Make sure that the service is set to active.

You need to assign User and Password in the service in tabstrip item Logon-data as a requested service can not open an authentication popup.

In Dev-System you can check with your own user. In Prod make sure to use a dedicated non Dialog user.

Regards

Frederic

0 Kudos

Hi Fredric,

Thanks for the reply. Now I am able to run the test. But I am receiving a new error when testing....

Message Envelope not found. Probably empty soap message

What could be the problem, and how can I resolve this?

Regards,

Phani.

ThiloBerndt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

which testing environment are you using for your tests ? In the standard NW environment we sometimes phase problems with caching - here it helps to close all (!!!) Internet Explorer windows and then to retry it. In case you are trying to test it with 3rd party tools - have you already tested the service with the SAP Netweaver testing evnironment ? You can find a link to the this testing environment on the Web Service Tool Wizard Page 4 in the left lower corner.

Best regards, Thilo

Edited by: Thilo Berndt on May 1, 2008 5:00 AM