CRM and CX Blogs by SAP
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments and product news about intelligent customer experience and CRM technologies through blog posts from SAP experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Update:  October 2015.  

You asked for it, you got it:  C4C certification is now live!   There are three tests based on the three courses:

• C4C10 - Project implmentation / application associate
  • C4C30 - SDK / developer associate
  • C4C50 - Integration / integration associate

Here is what you need to know if you are interested in taking the certification.

1. The exams are based on the course content.  If you are relatively new to C4C, it's recommended you take the courses and participate on at least 1 project prior to taking the test.

2.  As the courses are updated with new release functionality, the exams will also be updated with 'delta' tests.  This enables you to keep your certification current.    Right now we can't say exactly when our first delta exam will take place, but we are generally thinking 1511.

3.  If you are in a location where the classes are not offered, or you already have some experience and want a refresher, you might want to enroll in the learning hub.  The learning hub has all the course content.  There is a C4C10 room that can be used to help you prepare for the test.

4.  Susan Martin's blog is the best place to get details about enrolling to take the tests.  I've got some tips below, but I can't answer all the questions on the logistics of signing up.  The certification team can answer all those detailed questions.

This is how I signed up to take the C4C10 test:

0.  If you want to skip all the steps below and go directly to the C4C10 test -use this link: https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_c4c10_2015-sap-certified-application-consultant---sap-... It give some information on the test, including some sample questions.

1.  Go to https://training.sap.com and select your country and language. 

2.  Go to http://training.sap.com/shop/certification 

3.  There is the option to subscribe or to login.    If you have not yet subscribed, selected subscribe.  Then, of course, you get to pay some money for the joy of taking tests!  With the subscription you can take up to 6 different tests in a year.    The certification team can answer all your questions on this. 

4.  Once my subscription was all set, select "Access" - now it is getting very exciting!!!

5.  In the first screen you can do a test to ensure you can connect to the test.   Select Exam Dashboard to schedule the test.

6.  In the Exam Dashboard, you can see the three tests for C4C. 

7.  Select a test, and schedule!

Here are some blogs written by test takers on their experiences:

ale.kinsbrus 2nd test, he has a link back to the blog on his first test:  C4C30 certification - My experience!

My experience after my first test. I have now taken both the C4C10 and C4C50:  My first experience taking the C4C certification test

63 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnak you, Ginger! This is a really good summary! :smile:

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the information, Ginger. :smile:

Kinsbrunner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ginger,

Thanks for sharing the info!

Only one question from my side, when buying SAP Certification in the Cloud (6 attempts) - CER006, does it include access to Training material if I, for example, enroll for C4C10 certification or I am only buying credentials for getting into a certification room?

Best luck for tomorrow! I believe that C4C30 and C4C50 are now also availble for sitting for exams!

Regards.

Alejandro.

0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro

I think this only gets you to where you can take the tests.  For the course content you need to either take the courses or join the learning hub.  I've requested susan.martin and colin.bailey confirm. 

-ginger

0 Kudos

HI Alejandro

Yes - the certification only gets you access to the tests.  You'll want to also subscribe to the learning hub - there you can get ALL course content - not just the C4C curriculum, but all SAP curriculum. 

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ginger,

I have attended C4C30 course. Is it any way to schedule the certification without enrolling for certification Hub ? 

Following link does not show cloud for customer certifications.

https://www8.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/SelectExamPage/SAP/1132407

- Shrikant

0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant

hm..I'm not sure  if you can take just the one test w/o enrolling.  I'm surprised to see the Pearson center link on the page since they are all online now.  

I've asked susan.martin

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_c4c30_2015-sap-certified-development-consultant---sap-...

Maybe you should call this number: 1 888 777 1727 - if you're not in the US - I'm sure the page above has a number to call - and they can tell you if they can price it for 1 test.

thanks!

Ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ginger,

As per your suggestion, I called 1888 number. You are right, cloud based certification is not offered via Pearson Vue. I have to enroll certification hub in order to access the test.

- Shrikant

0 Kudos

HI Shrikant

OK- great- thanks for taking the time to call.  Now we know.  I hope your company will let you subscribe!  Would love to get your feedback on the C4C30 test!

-ginger

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is really a good news for all aspiring consultants. Thanks Ginger for sharing this info.

0 Kudos

I just took the C4C50 test  - here is a blog on my experience:  My first experience taking the C4C certification test

Vinod0311
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Ginger...! that was very useful,,!

former_member189754
Participant
0 Kudos

Super Awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing the info Ginger.

Regards

Harish

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Looks like no subscriptions for India (message: Subscription is not available for the selected country). Any plans/dates near future?

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I noticed that too - I don't know why - I've asked susan.martin from the certification team to respond.

-ginger

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

I found out that not all countries all the test to be taken virtually.  Contact SAP Education India and they can arrange for you to take the test in a physical location.  Check out this page:  https://www.sapindiacertification.com/certification/ 

-ginger

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

The certification code for C4C is not available in below link

SAP

The same information is not available in in below image as well.

Please let me know whether SAP offering C4C Certification in India or not.

Regards,

Maddy

0 Kudos

Hello Maddy

In India you must go into a location and take the test.  Please call the local India SAP Education number and they will get you enrolled. 

nandan.das - do you have anything to add?

-ginger

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger ,

Have you seen the salesforce certification process ? You can lay hands to all the curriculum without any portal. Just attend any training at any certified training institutes and schedule your certification. This is democratization which cloud should bring about. No locking knowledge in learning hubs. If someone has willingness and has ability to do the certification , then one should be able to get it. Irrespective of the fact that I am a employee of a partner or an individual , I should be able to do the certification. You know that at my employer nearly has nearly every salesforce consultant certified(ratio of no of employee/ no of certified). You can check out the numbers yourself for C4C.

Now Learning hub licences have to purchased from SAP and there would be again a process to procure them followed by lengthy price negotiations before its is procured. You know the cycle could be as long as 6 months for this process. This is just for your partners. I even don't know the process for individual who want to procure learning hub licences.

I know this is not going to change and I know for this precise reason , the C4C solution would take more time in getting its convert.

~Kavindra

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger ,

Sorry to comment again but this is the sort of differential policies that SAP applies world over is a huge issue(at least for me). Does any other cloud vendor for e.g. Salesforce , Pegasystems follow the same ? You can checkout the answers but I know its not. The world is getting flat but somehow certification process @SAP is not.These policies would keep out a lot of people who want to get certified. Strangely no one ever provides a reason for this :smile: . I remember the chief architect of SAP ByD( I was a part of ESF team in SAP ) asking us to point the same inadequacies.

At this point when I want to move intto cloud CRM consulting , I am more inclined to take a any other  cloud CRM certification than a C4C certification. Reasons

• Salesforce(for e.g.) is a proven player and C4C is catching up. (SAP is using the same ByD infrastructure to run C4C and its also not proven in the market. )
  • Ease of acquiring knowledge. No Learning hub , no differential certification policies and wider customer base. I can be done in 2-3 weeks.
  • Salesforce(for e.g.) ecosystem is much bigger than C4C ecosystem.

~Kavindra

P:S - I am based out of India and have no learning hub licence.

0 Kudos

Hi Kavindra

The learning hub is not required.  You can take the courses and immediately signup for the certification.   The learning hub is an option if you don't want to take the courses, there you can get all the training course material, study on your own, then take the certification. 

Regards

Ginger

0 Kudos

Hi Kavindra

Why don't you just take the courses then take the test? 

Regards

Ginger

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger ,

The courses are not available in India. Can you please suggest what is the alternative ?

I have already worked in ESF team when it was only used for Byd and have a fair idea of modelling Enterprise Services in ESR , Generating Proxy and Implementing them . My team was involved in building S&AM and MDRO components apart from ESF. So I have fair idea of the landscape and wanted to add on to my knowledge by getting certified.

Regards,

Kavindra

0 Kudos

Hi Kavindra

They've all be taught in India previously.  Assuming your comment means there are none scheduled at the moment?  You can do two things:

1. Call the SAP India Education number and ask when they will be scheduled.

2. Contact nandan.das- nandan.das@sap.com - they can ensure you are notified when they will be scheduled again. 

Let me know if you have troubles getting information on when they will be scheduled next.

-ginger 

0 Kudos

Here is a response from our certification team:

In order to ensure test security and the qualification of the candidates, the candidates must submit proof of SAP authorized training or project experience prior to booking an exam or certification subscription.  The learning hub is an option if you don't want to take the courses, there you can get all the training course material, study on your own, then take the certification.  Further discussion on the importance to safeguard the value of SAP certification can be found here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/certification/blog/2012/12/06/safeguarding-the-v...

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

I have inquired about C4C certification in India today after seeing your statement given below.

"In order to ensure test security and the qualification of the candidates, the candidates must submit proof of SAP authorized training or project experience prior to booking an exam or certification subscription"

However, it is not possible to write C4C certification even with project experience.  :sad:

It is possible only if we can submit proof of SAP authorized training. 

Regards,

Maddy

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ginger.gatling ,

For a solution which is yet upcoming , how can people have work experience ? For someone like me who was very closely in development of frameworks used in C4C(extended to all cloud solutions now)& understands programming model very well , it makes a perfect case for going ahead .Somehow there is no simplification seen here. I hope you would agree with me here.

Can you let me know which are the dates available for certification in India as your SAP Education colleague did not respond ? My organization has procured Learning hub licences.

~Kavindra

0 Kudos

Hello Kavindra and Maddy,

I would suggested you document your experiences, for example, and a CV or resume, call the SAP India training, and submit this as proof of your related project experience.    

You can take this up further with the certification team using this blog:  

http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/certification/blog/2012/12/06/safeguarding-the-v...

-ginger

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ginger.gatling ,,

Would do but this is sub-optimal way :smile:

~Kavindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes I don´t understand SAP.

I tried to enroll the Certification Hub, for the C4C certification, and came the message "Subscription is not available for the selected country."

My question, why Brazil is not supposed to don´t have access?

And comes many other questions like:

Why SAP Customers can´t access (my case)

Why SAP insist to make the things so hard to customers. The odd thing about it is we´re talking about C4C, CRM, and Customer Experience. In terms of Customer Experience is really bad, my feeling is: Frustrated

Luiz

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have successfully completed my C4C certification today (Online with Proctor).

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what country did you make?

Brazil doesn´t have access. Odd. And this is second time I see country issues in SAP websites.

0 Kudos

CONGRATULATIONS!  Which test did you take? The C4C10?

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Ginger. It is for C4C10. Subscription done by Infosys in India and I have booked the time slot and taken online test from London.

Regards

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hello Luiz,

We have checked with our Brazilian colleagues on this and this say it is available.  Did you login first and ensure Brazil was selected as the country at https://training.sap.com/shop/certification-hub/?

The second screenshot is in Portuguese provided by our Brazilian colleague

kizze.silva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ginger, the problem was fixed.

Thanks for the assitance!!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, Luiz!!

kanthikiran_kl
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The SAP certification needs to be revamped given its intricate ways of offering certifications for prospective individuals i.e. COST of the course and COST of the exam.

SAP needs to open eyes and look around how there peers are offering the certification programs and the costs involved e.g. Salesforce. Salesforce has got one of the best frameworks to support the individuals to become certified which in turn helps the company in spreading its reach. I recall a very good saying "It Is Not the Strongest of the Species that Survives But the Most Adaptable".

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to download my certificate from SAP credential manager. Though it is showing in my certifications,  it is now showing any results in download section. Any other way to get my PDF certificate?

Thanks,

Srinivas

arun_gupta_sitel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger: Please help me to understand SAP Certification Hub. If I register with Certification hub do I get the course content for exam(C_C4C10_2015) and relevant training material to prepare for Exam.

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger Gatling,

I have been trying for c4c training details from SAP India but nobody is responding properly.  I have been trying to get the details since Nov' 2016 but no use.  I had mailed to "support@sapindiacertification.com" so many times but I did not get useful response till now.  I had called up to the team/person responsible but I did not get the details till now. I dont know the reason why.

How do we know the training details and with dates? 

Who is responsible to give us the details?

What should we do if we dont get any response from the team responsible then?

Hope you can understand the priority of my concern.

Regards,

Maddy

kumarraj_moorthy
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Please write to debarati.roy@sap.com

to know more details about the C4C trainings in India location.

Regards

Kumar Raj

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Kumar Raj.

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Depending on your profile you may choose one or more certifications and details are below.

Regards,

Srinivas

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

for implementation C4C10 and for integration C4C50

0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

None of these courses cover SAP CRM implementation.

-ginger

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Ginger is right. Extremely sorry for my answer. I was totally under impression that your are looking in SAP C4C space.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa

Congratulation , Please tell me how I get study material in India?

Thanks and Regards

Kishore Gulhane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

I am interested in taking up C4C 10 certification. Could you please provide details regarding enrolling for the same and cost details?

Regards,

Malini

pallavi_sahane
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

For the training schedule and cost refer below link https://www.sapindiacertification.com/markyourcalendar

and for C4C10 course information, refer below link

https://training.sap.com/shop/course/c4c10-sap-hybris-cloud-for-customer---project-implementation-cl...