Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance tuning

former_member183113
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hai experts ,

can any one tell me how to improve performance of a query(with out accelerator) with some examples...

thanks and regards,

Ravi kiran

banglore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can improve the performance by configuring the settings for the Read Mode, Cache Mode, and

Optimization Mode of the query in the Query properties. Please the check the below document. It has clear explanation.

Regards

Sai

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can use

1.for all entries clause in your SQL statement

2.Join Statement with two or more tables but preferred to use joins upto 3 tables.

3.Can use optimization technique-parallel processing + Job Schedulling if you have huge data.

4.And simple do's and donts you can get through web.

Example for the above you can get on help.sap,saptechnical,sdn.sap...

Thanks

Uday Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can improve the performance by configuring the settings for the Read Mode, Cache Mode, and

Optimization Mode of the query in the Query properties. Please the check the below document. It has clear explanation.

Regards

Sai

0 Kudos

which document...i could not found any document in u rmessage.....but any way thnks a lot for reply......

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm sorry..

Forgot to post the link.. Here it is

http://sap-press.de/download/dateien/1049/sappress_bw_performance_optimization_guide_080.pdf

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Following are the few steps which will improve the query performance:

-Using Aggregates.

-Reduce the use of Exceptions, Cell Definitions.

-Avoiding usage of 'Exclude' option in selections as it takes more time for the query.

-Minimize the code in Customer Exits.

Regards,

Harish.

0 Kudos

thnks.....a lot hari.......