cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZPL II code for BMP image to Zebra printer

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All, I am trying to print QR code with enlarged size and somehow with external solution, I got the image created into SE78 dynamically in BMP format. Now I need to print this image onto the printer dynamically. I am using Zebra 170XI4 printer and using direct ZPL II code design the label. I am trying to work with ^DG and ^XG commands and also with ^DY commands to send this BMP file to printer. But its not working. Can you please help if there is any solution known.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos

I use LabelMatrix to generate ZPL 2 code and send information with variable data from SAP. With smartforms, I have concerns, as we have to rotate the label data and also include background shadings. Please suggest if I can try this approach. Thank you for looking into this.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a kind of too less information on your topic. Do you use a smartforms to pass it to the zebra? if not, go for that.

I do not see any problems to send an graphic to a zebra-printer.

Additional to that, here is a blog you can do it with your try too, but I do not see any advantage here.

https://blogs.sap.com/2013/03/22/printing-an-image-on-a-zebra-label/

It's a lot easier to convert it to a smartforms. Interface, Autoconversion and of course a better tool than write line commands:-)

~Florian

ananthula_sumanth
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Florian, as mentioned, in my case, the image is not constant. I am magnifying the size of QR barcode as Zebra supports magnifying factor only upto 10. I write the image to SE78 as BMP and trying to pass this BMP to Zebra. All corrections on ZTOOLS or intermediate softwares are not sure if can be implemented as it is high volume printing.