cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSA setup in Quality and production systems

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are newly setting up a HANA 2.0 SP03 system and plan to do the developments in XSA.

We have installed XSA in development, quality and production systems.

Web IDE for SAP HANA is installed only in the development system.

The XSA transports are to be done via CTS setup in our BW system sitting on the same hana database tenant.

I have few questions on the best practices.

1). Should we install Web IDE for SAP HANA also in the quality and production systems?

2) In the development system I could provide certain database users access to the HDI schema via the SQL Console(admin) available in Web IDE for SAP HANA. However since we dont have Web IDE for SAP HANA in quality and production how do I provide similar access in quality and production?

Thanks for your inputs.

Lijo John

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the prompt reply.

What is your suggestion regarding my second question on providing HDI Schema access to HANA database users? How do we do it in the quality or production system as there is no option to run a sql consol as the admin user of the HDI container?

In the development system I followed the recommended approach of running the below procedure via the sql console (admin)

set schema "LKUMBLOL_CE_MASTERDATADB_SCHEMA_1#DI";

create local temporary column table "#PRIVILEGES" like "_SYS_DI"."TT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGES";

insert into "#PRIVILEGES" ("PRIVILEGE_NAME", "PRINCIPAL_SCHEMA_NAME", "PRINCIPAL_NAME") values ('SELECT', '', '<USER_NAME>');

call "LKUMBLOL_CE_MASTERDATADB_SCHEMA_1#DI"."GRANT_CONTAINER_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGES"("#PRIVILEGES", "_SYS_DI"."T_NO_PARAMETERS", ?, ?, ?);

drop table "#PRIVILEGES";

Regards,

Lijo John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

And why don't you have the option to run the SQL Console as the admin user? Regardless you can create your own HDI Admin User with overall access. https://help.sap.com/viewer/3823b0f33420468ba5f1cf7f59bd6bd9/2.0.04/en-US/9a6bf8dc816e4b128ecec75806...

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

What we have is a mixed reporting scenario wherein I need to load data from one of my HDI container calculation view to BW system (via open ods or composite provider). However since HDI container calculation views are not exposed to BW (we are on BW7.5 on HANA), we are trying to replicate the calculation view in XS classic but using the HDI container tables as source. Thereafter we use this calculation view in BW. This is an intermediate solution until we migrate to BW/HANA.

Now to do this, what I understand is that I need to give _SYS_REPO user SELECT access to my HDI schema with GRANT option. What I dont know is how to do this. Should I login to HANA studio as the HDI admin user and do a GRANT like below?

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA LKUMBLOL_CE_MASTERDATADB_SCHEMA_1#DI TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION

If yes where can I find the generated HDI admin user and its password?

Also does the HDI admin user has the power to provide privileges with GRANT option?

Thanks,

Lijo John

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't think its advisable to combine XSC and HDI in this way. The security concepts as you see are just not very compatible.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Personally No I wouldn't install the Web IDE In QA or Production. You shouldn't be doing any development in those environments.

The SQL Console is part of the Database Explorer and although its runs within the Web IDE it is actually a separate tool. Therefore you can certainly install the Database Explorer but not the Web IDE in a system. In fact the Database Explorer can be used as part of the Web IDE, the HANA Cockpit, or completely standalone.

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the prompt reply.

What is your suggestion regarding my second question on providing HDI Schema access to HANA database users? How do we do it in the quality or production system as there is no option to run a sql consol as the admin user of the HDI container?

In the development system I followed the recommended approach of running the below procedure via the sql console (admin)

set schema "LKUMBLOL_CE_MASTERDATADB_SCHEMA_1#DI";

create local temporary column table "#PRIVILEGES" like "_SYS_DI"."TT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGES";

insert into "#PRIVILEGES" ("PRIVILEGE_NAME", "PRINCIPAL_SCHEMA_NAME", "PRINCIPAL_NAME") values ('SELECT', '', '<USER_NAME>');

call "LKUMBLOL_CE_MASTERDATADB_SCHEMA_1#DI"."GRANT_CONTAINER_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGES"("#PRIVILEGES", "_SYS_DI"."T_NO_PARAMETERS", ?, ?, ?);

drop table "#PRIVILEGES";

Regards,

Lijo John

evelyn_curreri
Explorer
0 Kudos

What is your recommendation to move mtar files from Development onto QA? Currently we have XSA/WebIDE installed on our Development system, but we don't have it installed on our QA or Production environments. We wanted to avoid installing XSA/WebIDE on our higher environments. We wanted to implement HTA for HDI but our ABAP systems are 7.50 so we don't meet the prerequisites for this. Is installing XSA on QA and Production our only option? Thanks in advanced for your help.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are going to need to install XSA if you want to use MTA and/or HDI without HTA. XSA is needed for the service management and deployment. However you don't need the Web IDE. You can always install via the xs command line (xs deploy).

former_member859878
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thomas.jung

If we install WEB IDE in Dev only, then how can we see the data in any calculation view etc in QA and PROD?/