cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI with CCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SRM 4.0 with EBP 5.0. We would like to Load our catlogues to the CCM from .csv files got from our vendors. Is there a software component available in SRM which would help and is this a scenario similar to a ....uploading .csv files using file adapter into XI and from XI use RFC ..??

If there is a component available, what would be the implementaiton scenario be like?

-Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CCM talks to XI in the background, so you won't be using XI in the conventional sense of having it as a broker between your outside data (Catalog files) and CCM. (actually, I think that XI is out of the picture if the input files are CSV)

Users upload data directly into the system using CCM's web front-end. After the file is uploaded, CCM kicks off a background process that sends the data to XI, where it is transformed into SAP's CCM XML format and returned to CCM. You can see all of this activity in the log (SLG1). Sometimes, if there is an error in the input file, the log will stay stuck on the "package sent to integration server" step. In these cases, you need to check the XI logs (SXMB_MONI) on both the main XI client and the CCM client.

I'm in the process now of automating some of these steps. My goal is to have my users submit their catalog files to a front-end process that transforms the input into CCM XML format and then pushes that XML into CCM using the same classes that CCM's upload process uses. Then my users will only have to check the logs to make sure the uploads were successful, and perform mapping. The first part of that process is complete, and I'm currently developing the second part.