cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print line number in group footer section

k_feroz
Explorer

Hi,

I have a report and wanted to print the line number in the group footer section. So each footer will have a line number incremented by 1. There are three groups, and the third group footer is printed, the other two are suppressed. The line number should be reset at the first group level. I tried with the running total and formula, but it is not working. I have attached the report with the data. Since only certain file types are allowed, you can rename the file to "GroupFooterLineNumberIssue.zip" and then unzip it to get the .rpt file.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi k_feroz, do you just want a counter of Group 3 footers for each Group 1 instance? i.e. Instead of what we see in your pics of 1 2 2 2 3 1 you want 1 2 3 4 5 6?  If so keep your reset formula in the Group Header 1 section and change the manual running total incrementor formula, which should be on Group Footer 3, to the following.

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar GroupLineNumber := GroupLineNumber + 1;

If that's not what you're trying to do can you let us know what the output in the Line # formula should be and why.

k_feroz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi JW,

I tried it, and that didn't work. The value just became the same as "Running Total"

1, 3, 5, 9, 10 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6

Is there a way I send you the rpt file, so you can have a look at it?

Thanks

Feroz

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
That sounds like you've got some Group 3 footers that are suppressed...you'd just need to change your manual running total formula to reflect that condition. Send me a direct message on my SCN profile with your e-mail though and I can have a look at what's going on.