cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xhtmlb:tabStrip height attribute

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using xhtmlb:tabStrip to show few tabs and each tab item is holding a iframe loading some page .

The tabstrip item should be to the maximum page height. unlike htmlb:tabstrip there is nothing like body height in xhtmlb.

i tried setting the <xhtmlb:tabStrip height to various values like 100%, 600 , 600px but nothing seems to change the size at all.

Anybody has seen this , got a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raja

<b>I have fixed it. it was the height property of the iframe which was causing the issue. i had set 100% as the height of the iframe. But when i changed to px its working as desired.</b>

Message was edited by: Durairaj Athavan Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Raja,

Yes, one should write onto the monitor, never use % values for heights. This is a pitfall into which I have fallen a number of times. Due to the availability of the of a scrollbar, 100% height looses it meaning. THe only thing that really works is px values. If you want to achieve 100%, one idea (that I have not tested), would be to ask the size of the browser window, and then set the pixel height into the tabstrip. This should be relatively easy with Javascript.

bye, brian

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Brian,

Thanks for taking time to put in your thoughts.

The issue is within the tabstrip body i have iframe and the src parameter is changed at runtime to different bw webtemplates depending on the user action.

If i have to determine the height of the webtemplate , then i would write a javascript in the webtemplate and pass it back to my main page. But how will my javascript in the webtemplate is going to find the <b>rendered</b> webtemplate height? i need to try these things out and post the outcome here.

Regards

Raja

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

If I had to do it, I would have just "hardcoded" the size of the tabstrip to be the size of the complete browser window (minus space for headers, etc).

The other technique: for the iframe, hook the onload event. Then you know that the document has been loaded. Then traverse the iframe document, and determine it size. Not so easy, and much more work.

However, always sizing your iframe to a maximum possible (in px!) is the easiest. You can also hook the resize, and then redo it each time that the window is resized.

brian

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian.

Raja