cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow : Unable to send workitem to multiple agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue in a CATS (Cross Application Timesheet) workflow object.

SCENARIO: Based on the data entry profile in transaction CAT2 the time booked by the person must go to project manager/s.

To do this I have selected a fork with 3 parallel branches (because the other two are for auto approval and line manager approval) and 2 necessary branches.

Since there can be multiple project managers for an employee, I have a loop wherein until a flag is set, two activities must be executed within the loop.

The first activity reads the internal table with project manager id and populates a field. This field is the agent (project manager). In the next activity, transaction CAPP is called for project manager approval.

PROBLEM: When I trigger the workflow, agent field is getting populated but the control is not going to the next activity (calling transaction CAPP) . In the workflow log, I get no agent and <u>status</u> logically deleted.

Also, when this internal table (with project manager ids’) is passed from previous activity to the next activity, only the first row is available in the internal table (in the container). The rest of the rows are deleted.

Could anybody please help me resolve these issues?

Regards,

Monica.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the pbm is with the fork,the agents field is not getting filled in all the parallel branches so create a multi container element,then parallel branches followed would solve the issue,then agents are resolved using the agents ,and the workitems are sent for approval, here u can use a fork.

i think this should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saujanya,

Could you please tell me how to create a multi container element(all the steps) and when is it used? I have never come across this scenario.

Your early reply will be appreciated.

Regards,

Monica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are looking out for MULTI LINE CONTAINER ELEMENT creation, it's same as a normal container element creation. Create a container element and enable the MULTI LINE Property in the PROPERTIES tab.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know how to create a container element.Please tell me how to create it.What do i need to do with this element after creating it, to populate the agents in the branches within fork?

Please help.

Regards,

Monica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

inorder to create a container element, goto the workflow container tab, double click to create an element, give the name, description, the corresponding data element like for example tswhactor ( table type of agents) and under the properties tab, there s a check box : multiline.check this, then the container element is created.

then inorder to create a multi container element, first use or create the standard task and in the task, there s a tab called miscellaneous. here u enter the container element in the field multi container element.the appropriate description reg the multi container element and how it can be used,is mentioned there.

if u have some prerequisite conditions to be satisfied, there u can mention that as well.

fork is a step type , which is useful for parallel processing. so when u create a multicontainer element like agents and a fork followed by it, then workitems are sent to all agents and the following logic as required can be implemented here.

i hope this answers ur query and hope its useful.

Regards,

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

I would suggest you to write a rule (custom) - (Function module) which populates your "mulliline workflow container element" and attach to the task (dialog step). then the task will send workitem to the users which is there in the task.

Cheers

Jayanthi.K

Answers (0)