Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope 10.7 service not starting

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

emservice.txt introscope-1070323-installlog.txt

Good day Gurus, I installed the OS independent version of wily Introscope 10.7 on our Intel based 64bit Windows server (WILYISEM00P_5-70005231.ZIP) and extracted the modules (WILYISMM00_4-70005232.ZIP) by following SAP note 2557578.

We managed to create a windows service but issue now is that the service keeps on stopping. I stopped everything, removed Wily from the server and reinstalled it but still the service wont startup. I searched the community and noticed that people had similar issues but with earlier versions of Wily Introscope. Most of their issues pointed to osgi* files but these files are not required as of version 10.5.

I have attached the installation logfile and and the startup log files. Please assist and thanks in advance
regards

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

There are no differences between Intel and AMD, both share the same architecture (please check this Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64).

I just installed this same version a couple weeks ago on a Windows 2019 Server running on Intel Xeon processor...

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello szeraua

for my Blog - SAP MacGyver – Installing SAP SolMan 7.2 I have also installed the latest Version of Wily on Linux64.
the adoption to Win64 should be similar. I didn't found anything about additional OSGi files.

edit /data/software/SolMan/AGENT/WILY_SERVER/installer.properties
# The set of valid values for CA-EULA is: {accept, reject}.
CA-EULA=accept
mkdir /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope
server:sj9adm 84> unzip /data/software/SolMan/AGENT/WILYISMM00P_9-70005232.ZIP
server:sj9adm 65> setenv CHECK_DISK_SPACE OFF
server:sj9adm 65> setenv HOME /usr/sap/SJ9/home/
./introscope10.7.0.323linuxAMD64SAP.bin -Djava.awt.headless=true

Furthermore, I have adapted the usage of the SAP JVM

.sapenv_server.csh
setenv PATH ${PATH}:/usr/sap/SJ9/exe/jvm/linuxx86_64/sapjvm_8.1.080/sapjvm_8/bin setenv SAP_JRE8 /usr/sap/SJ9/exe/jvm/linuxx86_64/sapjvm_8.1.080/sapjvm_8/

Configuration of the the Wily Details

# Port used by Enterprise Manager to listen for incoming connections.
emPort=6001
# Port used by Enterprise Manager to serve web applications.
emWebPort=8081
emAdminPassword= is<S>ecreT
emTxTraceDiskSpaceCap=/data/data1/disk
emLaxNlCurrentVm=/usr/sap/SJ9/exe/jvm/linuxx86_64/sapjvm_8.1.080/sapjvm_8/bin/java
# PostgreSQL properties (set these if you are using PostgreSQL database)
dbHost=server.domain.corp
dbPort=5432
dbName=cemdb
dbUser=admin
dbPassword=wily
dbAdminUser=postgres
dbAdminPassword= is<S>ecreT

Finally you can call the new Wily Frontend as follows from a Web Browser

http://server.domain.corp:8081/sapdashboard/
admin/is<S>ecreT

Hope this helps.
With these settings the Setup and
Configuration of Wily with SolMan 7.2 works without any further Problems.

Best Regards Roland

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi szeraua

i see you have received a lot of help here , can you mark if one of those answers were fixing the issue?

I think the best answer is you should have downloaded the WILYISEM00P_5-70005228.ZIP as per 2909673 and fix the issues if raise (fyi: when i have installed my 10.7 i had 1766 Successes 0 Warnings 0 NonFatalErrors 0FatalErrors)

let us know 🙂

A

timkarl89
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I need to agree: the OSGI package is not attached to SAP software corner anymore (I had this old CA FTP page in my mind). So the installation of 10.7 with OSGI is not possible.

Next to this in relation to IT's answer: As fas as I see the correct package for WinX64 would be: WILYISEM00P_5-70005228.ZIP. I cannot see an AMD or Intel related one?

Kind regards

Tim

0 Kudos

You should download the Windows version (search for WILYISEM00P_5-70005228).

There are errors on the installation that could be caused by use of incorrect binaries or corrupted download:

Execute ANT Script:       Script: 
                          Additional Notes: ERROR - C:\usr\sap\ccms\apmintroscope\install\em.installer.exec.ant15.xml:1105: Error while expanding C:\Users\soladm\470701.tmp\osgiPackages-windows-dist.zip
java.util.zip.ZipException: archive is not a ZIP archive

Execute ANT Script:       Script: 
                          Additional Notes: ERROR - C:\usr\sap\ccms\apmintroscope\install\ws.installer.exec.ant15.xml:72: Error while expanding C:\Users\soladm\470701.tmp\osgiPackages-windows-dist.zip
java.util.zip.ZipException: archive is not a ZIP archive
former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi IT, the windows version you are referring to (WILYISEM00P_5-70005228) is for AMD processor and our system is based on Intel hence why we chose the OS independent files. Are you saying we should go ahead and try to install WILYISEM00P_5-70005228 regardless of the processor?

Regards

Steven

SriKrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please post IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log from path /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope/logs

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Krishna, the only logfile in the /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope/logs is the EMService log file. The one created when starting the Introscope Manager service. There is nothing else in that directory.

Regards

Steven

timkarl89
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

the installation log doesn't look good (2 warnings; 9 errors): there were some problems with the OSGI package archive: "\Users\soladm\470701.tmp\osgiPackages-windows-dist.zip - java.util.zip.ZipException: archive is not a ZIP archive" - so you got something with this package like the threads you found in the community.

I looked up for other customer incidents: I found some incidents where our support confirmed that OSGI is not required for EM10.7 anymore (so it is confirming note 2557578).

On the other hand I was able to see customer incidents where they tried to install with the OS-depended OSGI package and it worked.

So may I ask you to try a re-install using the OSGI archive?

Kind regards

Tim

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim, I noticed the errors too but thought they are expected since I installed the OS independent version of wily Introscope 10.7. I also followed this guide: https://help.sap.com/doc/8fb326bd336f411db0e201b146ee4b3b/1.0/en-US/SAPEndUserInstructions107.pdf and it kind of says its not perfect OS independent version.

As for the OSGI files, i searched the web and could not find those files. I search the following websites

http://opensrcd.ca.com/ and https://opensrcd.broadcom.com/ips/osgi/ bith these site dont work.

Do you perhaps have a link?

Regards Steven