cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to set up the new tnsnames.ora path for a PB application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 Powerbuilder applications in my machine and both using oracle 11g client. Now I have installed oracle 12c client so that the 2nd application can work with oracle 12c and the first one to continue working with oracle 11g. Before the oracle 12c installation there was only one tnsnames.ora file in the Oralce 11g folder. Now i have placed the new tnsnames.ora file in my 12c oracle installation folder but my 2nd powerbuilder applciation still refers the old one. Kindly help me on how to make my 2nd applciation to point to the 12c tnsmanes.ora file. I'm unable to find where the tnsnames.ora file path is set in my pb application.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Its been resolved and it was a firewall issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Now I'm able to connect the 12C client DB from PB DB profile. But the PB script fails to read from the 12C DB. But when I ran the same query in ISQL under DB painter in PB, I am able to get the results.

Do you think whether it is any driver problem or anything else?

I'm using only SQLCA as the transaction object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

First - Check PB start up commands and startup profiles, if client path is hardcoded there then you need to change it to different client path.

If it is taking the client path from user profile then you can not use different client paths for 2 different PBs until unless you hardcode it in your PowerBuilder startup procedure.

Regards,

Harish Karra