Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Roles - Disable Flavor Switching

daniel_kaupp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to hide the Personas Toolbar or just to prevent Flavor switching for a Role (Consumer-Role) in a transaction?

Users of this role shouldn't be able to switch to the Originalview.

Does anyone have an idea how to prevent this?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_kaupp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we found a solution in the Screen Personas Configuration Guide.

There we've found out, that by changing the Personas Role's permission of the runtime activity, we can hide the Personas Flavor Administration.

So we just gave him 1 - Use Flavor.

daniel_kaupp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

sadly we have to reopen this thread because we are struggling with a problem with our solution.

Our wish is to create a link from transaction-A to transaction-B, force a flavor and don't give the user a chance to switch the flavor, what we thank we have solved in our solution above.

Now the problem is, that Screen Personas is taking the forced/Cust-)assigned flavor when I'm calling the transaction in the traditional way(transaction input), but denies it when I want to call the transaction by a created and scripted button with "window.open(launchWebSiteURL);".

In this case I'm entering the transaction with the initial flavor and get the message that I'm not allowed to switch the flavor.

This is bringing us back to our initial problem, that we won't give the user the chance to switch his flavor and turn around in circles.

But normally, calling a transaction with a created button in a new tab, by forcing a flavor shouldn't be that extraordinary.

Does anybody had to deal with a similar problem or knows a workaround?

Thanks, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

the following link might help you (just as a workaround).

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3866180

Regards

Björn

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to this, the issue is supposed to be taken care of in the upcoming service pack.

The usual disclaimer applies: this is in no way a promise to deliver future functionality though - just an information about a planned feature.