Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User determination depending on changed field in workflow

isabelle1993
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I have a question regarding the rules based workflow for MDG-C for flexible user determination.

We would like to implement a rule that a specific field within a sales organization triggers the user determination. For user determination we have defined user groups.

I found a documentation to a similar topic for MDG-M, but I am not sure, if this will work in MDG-C on the same way. https://www.sap.com/documents/2015/07/80df2f52-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

Is it possible in SAP standard to select between two user groups in one workflow step depending on changed field?

Best Regards

Isabelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello isabelle1993,

You can implement and use the BAdI for every Rule-Based workflow. Most of the pre-delivered Change Requests for MDG-C are not controlled by a rule-based workflow, so probably you first need to define a custom Change Request Type for your governance process.

An other option is to enhance the BRF+ context with you specific "steering" value (as explained here) and determine the agent - for example - by Business Role or Org. Unit.

BR,

R.

hs_2014
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Riccardo,

I have the role MDG_Planner and it has plants 1000,2000 and 3000.

1000 is assigned to user MDM_USER1, Plant 2000 is assigned to user MDM_USER1 and Plant 3000 is assigned to MDM_USER3.

Now I am creating CR for plant 2000 and at step 2 I have assigned the role MDG_Planner.

The requestor is step 1 and he submits the new change request(201) for plant 1000 it goes to step 2 and step 2 has the role MDG_Planner assigned. How can i make sure only user MDM_USER1 would get an email notification and only he can update the change request and not MDM_USER2 and MDM_USER3? How and where can we differentiate it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isabelle1993
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

Thank you for sharing the document. I will check, if this solve our requirement.

Best regards

Isabelle