Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport targets from QA to Prd

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a set of SLD TR's which I transported from Dev to QA SLD .

When I transport the same TR's from QA to PRD , do I need to create the PRD systems in QA SLD for creating the transport target ?

OR  transport target are required only in PRD ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

If you are using transport for SLD then you need to create Prod system in Dev SLD and transport to QA and Prod.

All the transport paths define in DEV SLD and transport till prod.

regards,

Harish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hema,

You already Generated Transport request for SLD Objects in the local drive.(when you imported it will show download Link in Local System.

While importing in to QA it will ask the exported file in the local System. when you give the path or location only it will imported in to the QA Server.

Now your Problem is the same request can we move?

I will say yes, you can go the SLD Component in Production directly you can import SLD objects. it will come Same changes.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hema,

the transport targets are configured in the source system SLD, but they are executed in the target system SLD. So you need to configure them in both SLDs.

Best option is to establish an SLD synch so that they're always consistent in the same state.

Regards,

Jörg

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If I create all my PROD BS in the QA SLD and then specify the target of QA BS as Prod BS

and then transport the QA BS and Prod BS to PROD SLD. Will Not this be enough ??

What steps do I need to do in PROD SLD ? Do I need to create transport target in PROD SLD after the TR's are moved to PROD SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your approach could work, but better check transport targets in P after your SLD transport. I'm not sure whether they'll be transported, too.

I still recommend the synchronization, it is safer and never forgets to transport a change.

Regards,

Jörg

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

and then transport the QA BS and Prod BS to PROD SLD. Will Not this be enough ??

-->> This will be enough if you are transporting you ID objects from QA (export will be done in QA), but if you are transporting them from DEV they you need DEV system also in prod sld and Prod BS should also be target of DEV BS.

What steps do I need to do in PROD SLD ? Do I need to create transport target in PROD SLD after the TR's are moved to PROD SLD

--> Transport target will move with your SLD transport.

are you using CTS+ to transport SLD object?

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the blow link for answer to your query.

Regards

Venkat