cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's date in Query filter of WebI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In SAP BO 4.1 Web Intelligence Report , I want to make sysdate (current date) as a default value in Query filter with optional prompt .  I don't want to add anything like filter or objects or parameters at the universe (IDT) level. Can anybody please provide your valuable suggestions .

Regards

Riya

View Entire Topic
former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second what Mahboob is sayin. Best way to achieve this through Universe. Second option is to use a custom sql which I would not advise you to use. So I would say better explain this situation to your client. I am sure he would understan.

Also check out this thread as well hope this will clear your doubt on this issue.

Using currentdate() on webi query | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kuldeep. I have seen the link which you shared . it is helpful but I have other query filter along with this query filter as optional prompt . So I cant use this in customizing SQL. Is there any other way to add in the report level without modifying in the universe.

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other way i could think of is at the report level by creating a Variable and applying it as a filter in your report.

Something like this:

=If([Date Object]=CurrentDate()) Then 1 Else 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to apply Current date in query filter. How can I proceed this way. Can you please explain in detail.

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a variable like :

[Filter]=If([Date Object]=CurrentDate()) Then 1 Else 0

Replace [Date Object] with your date object coming from Universe against which you need to filter the data. And apply as a filter and condition should always remain [Filter]=1

Hope it make sense