cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate BTP Global Account for SaaS Solutions

GreggHinkle
Participant

I was reading the Best Practices for SAP BTP document and under the Global Accounts section of Account Model, it says: "SaaS applications are usually displayed in a separate global account."

SAP Help BTP Basic Platform Concepts

Does this mean that if we have a SuccessFactors application that we want to connect to our on-premise ECC system, we should have separate BTP Global Account that is used to integrate and extend SuccessFactors with other systems and then have another BTP Global Account which we use for other purposes? That statement in the SAP Best Practice document really confuses me at to how to setup BTP Global Acounts.

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg for raising/asking this - we are working through some items related to this topic after some years of incremental growth, and have seen some opportunities attributed to confusion on the commercial setup.

And thanks to Ivan for his answer.

Wallace

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi gregg.hinkle,

No, it doesn't mean that you must have separate Global Accounts for extensions or any other application you deploy onto BTP. You will probably have a single Global Account for all your BTP needs - unless you have more than one comercial contract with SAP.

The phrase on that particular document means that SaaS solutions provided by SAP (as a tenant) are deployed on an SAP owned Global Account and once created they are displayed to you as a subscription inside a subaccount on your Global Account.

If you create your own Multi-Tenant solution (SaaS), that can only be made available to multiple subaccounts on the same Global Account.

Best regards,
Ivan

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Ivan!

I have proposed to remove the misleading sentence from the SAP BTP Best Practices guide accordingly.

Best regards,
Boris

Answers (0)