cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas - SPRO Id Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys!

I've been searching about Id control and I do not understand it very well. I made a flavor to transaction ME21N and (before) I did the configuration in persos/admin_ui as show in others discussions.

ID controle orig: ^ses\[0]\/wnd\[0\]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI\w+$

ID controle orig: ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI__COMMON__

My question is if I need to do anything in SPRO / Cross-Application Component -> SAP Screen Personas -> Maintain controls..?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Small correction needed in your entry...instead of ^ses\[0]\/ it should be ^ses\[0\]/ ("/" should be before "]"). You can get correct entries from note mentioned in blog.

Also you need to recreate flavor if you added the entry after creating your flavor. If you are using Personas 2.0 SP03, then you can use the FlavorUpdaterProgram (Personas 2.0 SP03 Features - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinthan,

I've configured it as mentioned for Tamas in the blog and note. I don't understand why it's wrong.

^ses\[0]\/wnd\[0\]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI\w+$

I made a test and it didn't work, the names keep changing.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Because we need to escape the special characters like "[" and "]". It was a typo in blog and I have updated it. You can change as I suggested and try again.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinthan.

I've made the configuration but when I click on properties the name keeps with numbers.

Should it change to "COMMOM" or not?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Clicking on control id will copy the original id of the control. Use Ctrl+click or Shift+click to copy the overwritten id in editor.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but it's still not working.

Id keeps:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0013/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0030/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1105/txtMEPO_TOPLINEEBELN

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you recreate the flavor after adding overwrite rules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. First I added overwrite rules and after I created the flavor.

I don't know what could be wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinthan,

What should be the correct ID after add the entries?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not seeing the new contorl id with ctrl+click or Shift+click then I would recommend you to log a ticket with HTTP and R3 conenctions to system so that the development team can verify the entries and flavor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As recommended by Chinthan I opened a note in SAP to solve the problem.

First thing to do was to update the latest version of Personas Xap file and backend. Also to update the Kernel with the latest patches from SMP. (update them according to the note 1964257 - Cumulative patch release for the SAP Screen Personas Release 1.0/ Release 2.0).

After some tests, I realized that even with correction it wasn't working. I made some tests in another machine and find out the problem was in my notebook. Just working well now after change the machine.

Thanks a lot

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I am having a similar problem with a solution we implemented at one of our customer. (we used transaction ME21N as well)

They recently upgraded their ECC system to EhP7 and are facing a script error on the end user laptops.

Interestingly, we use Citrix connections to provide support and we do not see the script errors.

We did some troubleshooting on the end user laptops and found that the control ids are different in Citrix and in end user laptops. But, as the control overwrite entries are maintained, this should not be an issue. So, it seems like the control id overwrites have some dependency on machine configurations as well.

So, I would be interested to know if you ever investigated the difference between your notebook (where it does not work) and the other machine (where it works)

Regards,

Abhijeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here is a link to a blog post which explains the overwrite entries, with a note number containing all currently known settings.

For ME21N, there are no screen ID overwrite entries needed, so you should be fine if you already maintained the control ID overwrite entries.