Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Analysis Office Workbook - Link to Document in E-Mail

mario_panzenboeck
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

one of my customer want´s to distribute AFO workbooks and export them to a network share. Additionally the users should get an information e-mail which should contain a direct link to the document.

For example the AFO scheduling process exports the .xlsx file to this server \\myserver\distributed_reports\myreport_%SI_STARTTIME%.xlsx

I can create a new scheduling process and set the destination to the file server. Additionally I found the option to inform the users when the job is done. But there is no option to insert a placeholder to get the direct link to the precalculated document into the e-mail.

Is there a way to do this with standard fuctionallity?

I was also reading about the publication extensions - as far as I know publication and scheduling is different. Publication only supports web I and Crystal Reports, Scheduling supports AFO...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor

Hi Mario,

afaik ,we can't get viewer URL as in BOBJ for external system in BOBJ schedules .

in case FTP has only one file , we can place the URL as email body in successful notification .

try to move all files to a sub folder in FTP and keep only one file .use datetime place holder to append to file .

Ex : \\myserver\reports\salesreport_11/21/2017 ..

successful notification email message

haven't tested this ,may be we can try.

Regards

Sateesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mario_panzenboeck
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is working very well!

I didn´t know that I can also use the placeholders in the e-mail notifications.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

mario_panzenboeck
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I will try this and post an update soon.

mario_panzenboeck
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nobody can help? If you have any ideas please share them. Thanks.

Br,

Mario