cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5, Cordova, Windows Phone 8.1 and dynamic content

0 Kudos

Hey Experts

I have created a cordova (4.3.0) project with the plattform "windows". I also added the "winstore-jscompat.js" at the top of the index.html.

On Windows 8.1 the applications works fine but on Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14234) appears a issue with dynamic content.

The "winstore-jscompat.js" is called, the call stack shows the file but i'm getting an issue with dynamic content in the Core.js

Hope anybody can helb me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Building Apps with UI5 for Windows Phone 8.1 is now possible.

SAP released Version 1.28.9 on 02.07.

With this version, building Apps with Cordova for both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 is now possible.

Please refer to SAP Note 2185152 http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2185152

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saketamraotkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We are building SAPUI5 application (Hybrid App) and we wanted to run this app using Cordova container on target device Windows 8.1 tabs.

we developed cordova container using CLI and "Hello World" app is working fine, but when we copy files from SAPUI5 project into container project, it shows the blank screen.

Do you have any specific document or steps to be followed?

Regards

Saket

0 Kudos

Hey Saket,

have you including the winstore-jscompat.js as first file before cordova.js and sapui5?

Are you loading the sapui5 files from remote? On Windows you have to deploy the ui5 resources locally on the device and load it from there.

Also, you have to use version 1.28.9 or higher of ui5!

Regards

Simon

saketamraotkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I will explain steps i did:

1. developed sample SAPUI5 application using Eclipse (Kepler)

2. Tested SAPUI5 app on Chrome browser, which runs as expected

3. Created Cordova container on windows 8.1 machine using CLI

4. Tested Hello World cordova container app, which also runs as expected

5. I copy pasted the resources from UI5 project to cordova project

6. add few code in index.html file (app ready)

7. tested the cordova container, it gives white blank screen.

Please suggest, where do i need to add winstore-jscompat.js file.

Regards

Saket

0 Kudos

Hi

winstore-jscompat.js has to be included in index.html before including other files.

In this example the winstore-jscompat.js file has to be located in the same folder as the index.html. The cordova.js file will be added automatically by packaging your app over CLI.

Please check the path to your sapui5 resources. In this example the ui5 resources are located in a subfolder "resources" outgoing from the location of the index.html.

For debugging your app you can use Visual Studio! Community Edition is free to download an enough for this needs.

For that open the CordovaApp Project which is located in the folder platforms\windows.

Regards

Simon

saketamraotkar
Participant
0 Kudos

simin,

any particular version for visual studio is required?

mine is visual studio 2015 express, and it gets hanged every time i open the cordova app.

any other suggestion.

Regards

Saket

0 Kudos

hey

i'm using Visual Studio Community 2013 Update 4 (Build 12.0.31101.00)

purayil_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Where are your SAPUI5 libraries stored? Just to try it out can you load the SAPUI5 libraries from the cloud rather than loading it from your local packages.

src="https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/resources/sap-ui-core.js"

regards...

0 Kudos

Hey,

i tried this out before. On Windows Phone it is not possible to load online resources. If you try to load resources online another error message appears.

My libraries are stored in www/resources.

Thanks for your reply.