Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Single Sign-On 3.0 support for SAP BI 4.2

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

I wanted to find out if SAP Single Sign-On 3.0 supports SAP BI 4.2 integration. Is it possible to create ONE portal where users can login to SAP BI 4.2 and S4/HANA. I can integrate SAP BI 4.2 separately with AD SSO and LDAP but users would need to enter ID when going to S4/HANA, I am looking to create ONE interface for ALL SAP products.

Please provide some guide on how to integrate.

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carsten,

This is what I have also found out but I am wanting to know if both S4 and SAP BI can go through one Web Dispatcher to multi non-trusting Domains. I know I integrate each application separately, but I am want to know if I can use SAP Single Sign-On to integrate both application with users being asked only ONCE to login. If so how ?

Ajay

Colt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP S4/HANA in conjunction with SSO 3.0 does support multi-domain and multi-forest environments.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that we need to connect TWO business partners to our S4/HANA and SAP BI 4.2 Platform. Our main site we can use AD Auth using SSO, the other site we are going to LDAP. SAP BI 4.2 can work out the box connecting to TWO different Domain. The issue we have that S4/HANA can only talk to one Domain, this is where we stating looking at SAP Secure Single Sign-On 3.0 for our solution. S4/Hana has different user type and BI 4.2 has another different type of users, some cross but not all. In total we have THREE Application SAP BI 4.2, S4/HANA and BW on HANA that need seamless integration. I am looking for a strong SAML 2.0 solution with users being asked to login only once and then bouce between application.

Ajay

Colt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

can you explain your use case and frontends you are consuming in S/4HANA? Are you talking about specific ICF-services in your S/4 system you like to enable for SSO? Are you talking about SAP Logon as well?

Of course, it is possible to set up a Portal such as SAP EP and integrate BOBJ 4.2 into the portal (mostly via MYSAPSSO2) as well as S/4HANA. However, this is already old fashioned.

You should utilize Kerberos/SPNEGO, X.509 or SAML 2.0 where the client browser (or Secure Login Client) directly holds the required SSO-token and acts as the ONE interface for ALL SAP products. You need to set up your S/4HANA for that with components from SAP SSO 3.0.

The SAP SSO 3.0 solution does support you in all scenarios except BOBJ. Here you have to work with standards such as configuring Tomcat AS for SSL and Vintela (SPNEGO) or trusted authentication and the likes... SSO from BOBJ to SAP or HANA is then possible with MYSAPSSO2 or SAML. You can also establish trust between the HANA and BI Platform System where BOBJ acts as SAML IdP and HANA as SP. The Secure Login Client or other SSO 3.0 components are out of the game here.

Cheers Carsten