cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal 7.0 Compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement that our SAP Portal 7.0 needs to be compliant with section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.

508 Law: In 1998, USA Congress amended the Rehabilitation Act to require Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities.

www.section508.gov

I am curious to know if anywone had this requirement? and if so, what portal built-in functionality and/or additional products did you use to meet this requirement?

Thank you,

Ghizlane Idrissi

Edited by: Ghizlane Idrissi on Sep 3, 2008 3:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ghizlane,

I suggest you check out this link on help.sap.com: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/fd/7c4a41edf0db2be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

There are several pages on how to turn on and configure the accessibility mode in the portal. You may want to check note 1139953 also. Remember that just making the portal accessable isn't enough. Your applications in the portal have to work to.

Good Luck,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I actually had those links but when i apply the accessibility setting in the portal (by turning on the the accessibility feature), i get an sapgui for windows window pop up when i click on a transaction iView from the portal. So it seems that with the accessibility feature, the portal uses sapgui for windows to show the transaction iViews. Since our client does not want to have sapgui for windows installed in their machines, do you know of a way to get around that? in other words how can i view transaction iViews from the portal with the accessibility feature on and without having to install sapgui on my machine ?

I will greatly appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,

- Ghizlane Idrissi