cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud - How could I copy and change a Standard Report based on Infoprovider?

Marcos_F_Dotta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a beginner with SAP Analytics Cloud and I'm learning it now. My another question is:

There is a Report and in its Information the Data Source is an Infoprovider. The user would like to copy and change the Report according to its needs. How could I it be done??

When I have an Infoprovider it means that it was built in SAP BW?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Marcos F. Dotta

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Can you provide additional info? like

• If the info providers are instead BEx queries?
  • Type of connection used? live or import
  • If the stories built on models or BW BEx as data source?
  • Beisde is your ask is to switch data source (BEx query from the story chart or whole story?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi Marcos,

InfoProvider word is used in SAP BW context. Basically InfoProviders are modeled data sources; though InfoProviders usually are not used directly. BW Queries (BEx Queries) are created by using InfoProviders to consume data from InfoProviders; probably "report" in your question means BW (BEx) Query, and SAP Analytics Cloud can connect BW Queries via either Import or Live connections. Then BW InfoProvider / Query data can be used to create stories in SAP Analytics Cloud.

References:

Thanks,
Tuncay

Marcos_F_Dotta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tuncay,

I'll visit the links, thanks!

This image below is about information section of Report, here I see the "InfoProvider" and that's why I asked about it...

I tried to find the Query, but unsuccessfully... Is this Query in BEx?

and when I try to run the report no data is selected... why? This is the QA System and I couldn't understand it.

Sorry, I've been asking a lot of questions and of course I'm trying to understand it.

Thanks!!

Best regards,

Marcos F. Dotta

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Marcos,

As indicated 2CYY1_Q_COPS_A_2 is BW query (BEx) name based on InfoProvider 2CY17587119A0B0025.

If you have access to BW system you can try the Query and the InfoProvider data in the system first and make sure all working expectedly.

Thanks,
Tuncay

Answers (0)