Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Data Action dynamic date parameter

ericliefke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

my desire is to generate a automated copy of an existing version every month at the same day.

This created copy of an existing version should be trimmed as follows:

- the date range should be starting from current month and X months forwards

- copied values containing "0" should be deleted

- values with digits after decimal point should be rounded to integers

Since i want the same version to be filled every month and not create another version every month, it would be perfect to design the date range dynamically, depending on curren month of creation.

Does anybody have an idea how to set this up in a data action?

Thanks for any help possible!

BR,
Eric

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ericliefke

Could you put up an example as there are intricate details in your requirement. You will copying within same version or cross version? An example will definitely help in understanding

Nikhil

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ericliefke

So You want to copy within same version. From your earlier post I see that you want to copy from current month to N month forward. You want to delete the 0 values and Round the decimals to only integers ( 10.6 ~ 11). Will you not overwrite your main forecast as you are copying within same version ( unless you will use another dimension to differentiate) . Also when you copy next month, you will be overwriting your copied version from last month ( expected ?)

Nikhil

ericliefke
Explorer
0 Kudos

The goal is to create a copy of an existing version. Lets call the essential version "X". That is the core version in which the Colleagues are forecasting in.

I need to export the forecast once a month to SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP).

It is desired to trim the export to ensure compatibilty between SAC and IBP.

From prior experience, we want to avoid forecasts from the past and thats why I am looking for a way to dynamically add the data component into a data action.

My idea was to automatically copy the forecast into a new version and then per data action to delete all month prior to the current one.

The current workflow via data export can not be automated since I have to select all months manually to ensure there are no forecasts from prior months.

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

ericliefke

Lets Assume you have forecast for all 12 months of 2023

So you want to copy from August to N month forward ( current month is August)

Delete 0 records and ROUND the decimals to Integers ( 10.6 ~ 11)

When you create a copy will you not overwrite your main forecast as the copy is within same version

Your next copy will overwrite your previous copy, is that expected ?

Nikhil

ericliefke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes exactly, if we complete a full circle of 12 months forecast versions, the next version will overwrite the existing forecast and that is desired.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

ericliefke

ericliefkeThe below should do the job. Adjust as per your model and dimensions. I am running this for only Quantities but you can adjust your scope accordingly

Create a parameter for Month forward

MEMBERSET [d/MEASURE]="QUANTITY" // Adjust or remove if required for all measures
MEMBERSET [d/CALMONTH]=PERIOD(TODAY()) TO NEXT(%N%,"MONTH",TODAY()) // You can hardcode Months forward if parameter not required

IF RESULTLOOKUP()!=0 THEN
	DATA()=ROUND(RESULTLOOKUP() ,0 )
ELSE
	DELETE()
ENDIF

Initial Forecast:

After Copy:

Affected records August to October

145.40 rounded to 145 for August

135.75 rounded to 136 for September

0 for October got deleted

Hope this helps !!

Please upvote/accept if this helps !!

Nikhil

ericliefke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. It really solves every point, great answer!

Answers (0)