Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a folder lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all,

I have canceled

Portal Content --> Portal User --> Standard Portal User (folder).

How can I restore the folder lost?

How can I restore a backup system?

Thanks a lot,

Domenico.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domenico,

I don't think you can restore a folder you deleted from the PCD. See the caution note at the bottom of the following page from SAP Documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9e/7d96e7087311d7b84600047582c9f7/frameset.htm

If you have another environment for the Portal, you may want to export the folder you deleted from there and import it into the Portal you deleted it from, from the System Administration area of the Portal.

Good Luck!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Domenico,

if you say "please please" and consider rewarding 10 points for that, I could send you the EPA (which already is exported for you at C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global\pcd\Export\Domenico_20060215_101656.epa <- this is just a reminder for myself). Ahhhh, and last but not least: Provide your mail address (You can just mail it to me, mine is published on my BC.)

Be aware that I have exported the EPA from a EP6 NW04 SP15 installation.

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have EP6 SP11. How have you export the epa file?

How can I import the same?

I have another enviroment where i can export the file.

Say me how ... i'll give you 10 points.

Domenico.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Domenico,

on the working system: System Admin - Transport - Transort Packages - Export - browse to some arbitrary folder wher you want to create the export package - right-click, create new package - browse to the folder in question - right-click, add "all" - export. The import is even more simple

For details see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e0/a9a8e2cad4e8499e9fd495bd26706d/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, i just do it.

I can import any package because after log-in in portal I see a blank page.

I think i have to import in another way :-(((

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I'll say

I can NOT import any file etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domenico,

Try going to the URL:

http://<your_portal_server:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2...

which should take you directly to the Import iview. Once you have imported the file, you should get your desktop back.

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to say, you will need to login to the portal first, then paste the URL into the same browser window.

Cheers

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done jet but the problem is the same.

I think i have lost any link between the login screen and the portal view.

I try to explane better my situation.

I make login then a blank page is displayed.

It seems how the user haven't any role. I checked and nothing is changed. The different users have their roles.

I think I lost the portallauncher.

Thanks.