cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: MDM and Jar files version compatability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MDM SP06 patch 2. If at all i want to use the jar files, can i use the higher version like patch 3 or patch 4. Would that be compatible with the mdm version.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanthi,

MDM Java API connects to server directly so you need to use the same jar file verison as that of MDM server.

Both needs to be compatible.

You can download the jar file for your MDM version from service market place.

Regards,

Shruti.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I could not find the jar files for MDM 5.5 SP06 patch2 in the service market place. Can somebody provide me the exact link where in i can get these jar's in service market place.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanthi,

The JAR files are bundled in one single archive file with the name MDMJavaAPI_Ver<build-number>.zip

For example, MDMJavaAPI_Ver5.5.40.14.zip.

The above mentioned archive is packed into an archive called MDMJ550<SP-number>P_<Patch-number>.zip for distribution on installation media or via the SAP Service Marketplace.

For example, MDMJ55004P_3.zip

Any customer with a valid license is entitled to download the API from the SAP Service Marketplace as follows:

1. Directly navigate to the SAP Software Distribution Center (SWDC) with your browser using the URL http://service.sap.com/swdc.

You need a valid SAP Service Marketplace User ID (S-User) to log on.

2. Then follow the path Download u2192 Support Packages and Patches u2192 Entry by Application Group u2192 SAP NetWeaver u2192 SAP MDMu2192 SAP MDM 5.5 u2192 Java API.

If you do not see this path, your company may not have the proper MDM license. If you are in doubt, refer to the FAQ section on SWDC or create a support message in the area XX-SER-SAPSMP-SWC.

Regards

RajaSekhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the following link on service market place.

Download - Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group - SAP NetWeaver - SAP MDM - SAP MDM 5.5 - Java API

If you are not able to see the link then may be your id will require authorization.

Regards,

Shruti.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to whatever told in other replies, if you try to access a link and you don't have access to downlod, you can search for your moderators in your marketplace company profile and see who are the moderators. Can directly contact your company people to give you permission or have them download for you.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the MDM Java API communicates directly with the MDM Server using the internal MDM Network Protocol on top of TCP/IP, these two components must be compatible. This is ensured by using the same build version for both the MDM Server and the API.

Using different version of API from MDM Server version cause CRC Failed Check error;

so you need to use the same version of API; and even using higher versions like Patch 3 or Patch 4 would not be compatible for Patch 2;

Regards

RajaSekhar K