Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Price Per Unit in Material Master & PO

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We want to use 3 or 4 digits after decimals in procurement. 

Below are the options-

a) OY04- Change of number of digits after decimals to 3 or 4 in OY04. We won't use it as we are already live & don't want to mess data of other company codes too.

b) Price Per Unit- I m not getting how this can be useful. For example-If my materials actual cost is 111.891. I maintain price as 1118.91 per 10 price per unit & not round up to 111.89 per 1 unit. It will still show net amount & condition value as 111.89 which will be same in accounting too then what is use of price per unit? What is workaround/solution for these kind of issues in PO, GR & invoicing? Pls advice.

pankaj_adhikari_0-1710009979312.png

Regards

Pankaj

View Entire Topic
Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The decimal difference will be significant when the quantity is more - refer the below calculation.

Prasoon_0-1710103787560.png

You may create another PO with 2 decimal value (in your example, 111.89 USD) with quantity as 10000 and check the difference in total value compared to the same quantity with price per 10 qty (in your case 1118.91 per 10 qty), so that you can identify the calculation.

Regards,

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasoon. But the difference will still be there if you have quantity as 1 or 2 or 5.

Regards

Pankaj

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the difference will be there in 3rd decimal, if the quantity is less. However, the difference in 3rd decimal is not relevant when you use a 2 decimal currency!