Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Webide on Hana Express

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to update webide for my HANAEXP2 SPS2, I followed the procedure as per this blog post and

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/03/09/upgrading-web-ide-in-hana-express/

everything works except that during installation, Background process di-core for web ide is not starting(Times Out). The post does mentions that we should allocate more space to di-core

and di-runner but I am not sure where it needs to be done. Can someone please advise where I can allocate more space? I have 16 GB RAM.

Regards/Aj

View Entire Topic
pfefferf
Active Contributor

Did you check already the logs for the applications to check for the reason, why the apps are not starting? You can do that using the XS command "xs logs" (for instance "xs logs di-core --recent" (the --recent option shows the recent logs, you can use also the --all option to show all logs for the application or one of the other options to restrict the log ouptut to your needs)).

Regarding your specific question how you can allocate more space to the applications. As you referred to the blog post, I assume you mean allocate more RAM to the applications, right? So, in the blog this was done already via the .matext file used for the installation. So the installation process updated the settings. As you have already done the installation, you can do it in two ways.

1) Via the Application Monitor in the XS Advanced Administration application (https://hxehost:51015 -> Application Monitor): In the "Actions" area choose "Scale" and update the values. Consider that the XS Advanced Administration application is replaced by the XS Advanced Cockpit with HANA 2.0 SPS03. So depending on the used version you have to use a different tool in future. But as you are using HXE 2.0 SPS02 you can go with the Application Monitor in the XS Advanced Administration cockpit for the moment.

2) Via the XS Command line interface using the "xs scale" command. To increase the RAM to 512MB for the di-core application for instance use the command "xs scale di-core -m 512M".

Regards,
Florian

lsubatin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to this, the blog post also mentions " Using a Virtual Machine? Add 1GB more RAM to the default."

If you had not done that before starting the installation, it would explain the process timing out or taking about an hour as I've seen on some laptops. Assuming you did not interrupt the installation in the middle of the process, you may be running out of memory before the scaled services can start.