Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Trigger BAdI: Creation of File Converter for Data Import

puneetsabharwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a scenario, where we need to load materials for entity types using a single .csv file from MDG-M Data import Framework (DIF). I referred the doc 'How to... Master Data Governance for Material: Use the Data Import Framework for Material' (Applicable for EHP6, MDG 6.1 & MDG 7.0) and implemented the BAdI accordingly.

I have also referred the following URL: https://blogs.sap.com/2017/03/02/data-import-framework-for-importing-multiple-materials/, but when tested, BAdI is not getting triggered.

On further analysis I found that our system is on MDG 8.0.

Please advise if the process is still the same for newer versions or we need to implement some SAP notes to make that happen?

What could be the possible solution for the above problem statement?

View Entire Topic
former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Process remains same for MDG 8.0 as well, you might need to implement notes for performance improvement of DIF nothing else.

for triggering BADI please put a break point on access class as well.

Thanks

Arihant

puneetsabharwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Arihant for the quick reply.

So the problem is when I do the Data import, I am getting the log, that says message type detected for selected file, but the BAdI is not getting triggered or event no idoc is created (before which BAdI should get called, where I will put my logic to fill the segments).

Please advise if there is any thing that might be missing for the BAdI call?2018-06-26-12-35-43.png

puneetsabharwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also do we have any specific SAP note no's that we should implement as you have mentioned above.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

The logs which you are getting is very normal which you will get every time you run Simulation or Import it.

you need to write logic in converter BADI only which will read the content from the file and will pass the data to idoc segments.

Try to put a debugger in access class as well as in converter BADI and see if it is getting triggered.

you can check for notes 2298612,2328823 see if they are already implemented if not then you may check with your basis team for system compatibility with these notes please.

Thanks

Arihant

puneetsabharwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Arihant,

That exactly I want to do in here, is to write the custom logic in BAdI but unfortunately, I am unable to identify why it is not getting triggered at all. I did some further digging yesterday and found that files got selected but no custom request number is getting created and its showing files processed pending (See attachement)

. Only when files will be picked for processing, BAdI will be triggered.

Can you please advise what could be the possible reason for the BAdI not getting called?