Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy from 2003 to 2008

sateeshtalluri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi friends

using sapinst standard system copy method i have exported  from source system(netweaver 7.0 sr2 server 2003) and in target system(server 2008 r2) sapinstallation master not supported so i used 70SWPM*.SAR for import but swpm not showing 7.0 sr2 version here my doubt is if i select 7.0 sr3 version and giving to migration export (netweaver 7.0 sr2 ), installation continues or not?.sap note saying below but i want to use (not database specific tools)standard system copy method not homogeneous is it possible or not?

Restrictions for SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 and SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2

New SAP system installations based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 and SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR2 are not

supported on Windows Server 2008 (R2).

If you have previously installed and run SAP systems based on SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR1 or SR2, you can

perform a homogeneous or heterogeneous system copy to migrate your SAP system to Windows Server 2008

(R2). For this, you can use the software provisioning manager (70SWPM*.SAR )

View Entire Topic
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh

You have to follow the Homogeneous system copy method. On source system you can use the old SAPINST NW7.0 SR2(If you are using the kernel 7.00). On target you have to use the NW 7.0 SR3 with SWPM because Windows 2008 server(Not Windows 2008 R2) supports. before starting the export kindly check the PAM your current system supported Windows 2008 R2 server or not?

BR

SS