Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending work item to Email Group

dalpritsawhne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirment to sent a Work item (I am using SAP Extended notification) to an Email group which is not attached to any organization object. I am just wondering how can we do it ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dalprit

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dalprit,

If you are using extended notification, then tyhe Email ID's should be maintained in SU01 for each user's.

Otherwise extended notification will not send any mails to the Outlook.

You can create the mail group in outlook and attach with any user.

Thanks,

Viji.

dalpritsawhne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the response. Actually as per my understanding agent has to be the OM object like user, position, job, org etc and sap internally derive the email id (Which is liked to SU01 for extended notification via infotype 105). But now i have a requirment that work item via extended notification should be sent to say three identified agents but at the same time work item should be sent to a group as well. Now i dont want to create any dummy OM object for this. So i am wondering is there anyway this can be acheive, can we do any kind if enhancement or modification or anything to acheive this.

Regards,

Dalprit

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Extended Notification sends emails, not workitems. It sends emails to the users who have a workitem waiting. Why would you want to send it to a group if they each get an email individually?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

dalpritsawhne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

It did not sent the traditional work item as such...It sent an emails with link through which you can open your work item or sap inbox etc provided you have activated HTML GUI....I want to sent the same format email to the email group....i know this is crazy requirment...and it is not very urgnet as we have way around...but client is insisting on this ....

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

No problem, just tell them you have to rewrite SWN_SELSEN!

Ask for detailed specs and maybe they'll realize how pointless this is.

A workitem is in the inbox of A, B and C. SWN_SELSEN sends an email to A, one to B and one to C. They want.... what? That it should send an email to distribution group Z instead of A? So that people who can't action the workitem get an email saying there is a workitem waiting for them?

A good workflow consultant pushes back from time to time.

regards

Rick bakker

hanabi technology

dalpritsawhne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the answer, I dont want to modify the same . Still looking for other options, as soon as i will have the solution i will post the same here in the link.

Regards,

Dalprit

dalpritsawhne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Here is the solution which we implemented. It might sound little weird but in such a time constrain we thought to go aheadwith this solution.

We have created a service user and used it email id to send the e-mail to a group.

Regards,

Dalprit