cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSetup, how do I call uninstall SAPGUI 32bit version?

former_member793971
Discoverer

Hello SAPSetup Guru's

I am pretty new to using SAPSetup.exe and I am having trouble removing SAPGUI 7.70 32bit from our devices via SAPSetup onWindows 10 (OS-19044.3086) 64bit devices.

I can manually remove the previous 32bit SAPSUI version if I open a command promt as admin, change directory and run:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\Setup>NwSapSetup.exe /uninstall /all /DisableRuntimeInstall /NoDlg

I was expecting to be able to be able to remove 32bit SAPGUI via SAPSetup using the below:

'====================================================================================================='

' Uninstall Previous SAP intallatios

'====================================================================================================='

NwEngine.Shell.ExecuteRC(String cmdline, Bool visible)

cmdline = %SapSrcDir%\NwSapSetup.exe /all /silent /uninstall /DisableRuntimeInstall /NoDlg

Else

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write ""%SapSrcDir%\NwSapSetup.exe " does not exist"

End If

The install fails complaining there can't be both 32 and 64bit versions in red text

View Entire Topic
Kim_Heckscher
Explorer

OK now i have a Reply from Support:

Dear Mr. Heckscher,

It is notpossible to perform an uninstall during an installation process using event scripts.

The reason for this behavior is that the uninstall will start a new process of NwSapSetup.exe,
however only 1 instance of NwSapSetup.exe is possible (which is already running for the installation procedure).

What you can try is to use a VBS or windows logon script to perform an uninstall first, and then start the new installation.

Best regards,
Marc
SAP Product Support

OK We will start NwSapSetup.exe twice, first for the uninstallation of SAP GUI and then for the installation..