cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4HANA 1909 FPS02 Fully-Activated Appliance access via RDP

Loren
Explorer
0 Kudos

We recently deployed a S/4HANA 1909 FPS02 Fully-Activated appliance into our Azure tenant from the Cloud Appliance Library. When initially accessing the Windows Remote Desktop, the OS is an empty version of Windows 2016 Datacenter. It does not include any of the preconfigured applications or data explained in the Getting Started Guide - https://caldocs.hana.ondemand.com/caldocs/help/2c257186-95e8-4be7-b218-909ba4328add_Getting_Started_...

I have suspended and activated the instance without any difference in this outcome. Has anyone else experienced this situation with this or other templates in CAL? Any thoughts on how to solve?

Thanks in advance!

View Entire Topic
georgi_stankov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Loren,

This is not an expected behaviour of FPS02 deployment in SAP CAL.

Did your deployment finish successfully? If the OS is an empty version of Windows 2016 Datacenter that would mean that the instance should be in failed state.

Another thing would be to try starting a new instance and check if the problem continues.

Regards,

Georgi

Loren
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the comments. I didn't expect it would be expected, but it seemed that something failed in the deployment to Azure. I was able to identify some of the application installation files along with powershell scrips on a drive on the RDP machine. I dug into the scripts and there was too much missing from the machine for them to run successfully. Over the weekend I deployed a S/4HANA FPS01 instance on Azure and it deployed successfully without the issues I had with FPS02. I also noticed after doing the FPS01 instance that I'm able to view the running processes on the app and database servers from the CAL portal. That was not the case on FPS02, which tells me that the services may not been available at all.

Is there someone from SAP that can dig into my findings on the Azure templates for FPS02 to validate they are deployed successfully to Azure since the last update?

For the time being, we will be utilizing the FPS01 solution.

Thanks for the help.

georgi_stankov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Loren,

For further investigation of your problem could you get in touch with us on cal.admin@sap.com .

What would we need is your log files located in this directory "c:\Windows\Temp" on the windows VM and also /var/log/appliancedeploy.log from the Linux VMs.

Also could give us some more information regarding the "Software Status" of your VMs in the VIRTUAL MACHINES section of your instance details.

Regards,

Georgi