cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Filtering on a measure in a chart

Hello,

My scenario is very simple. I have a bar chart with Sales by Product. I want to only show Products with Sales > 50k. How do I do that? I have no filter icon next to the Measure name (only Display as, Rename and Zero Suppresion). I cannot add a Filter in the filters area as I can only choose from Dimensions. And the only way to filter at the Product dimension level is to select the individual members.

The only option available for me to filter my chart is Top N.

I am connecting live to a BW query. I am also not able to create input controls with Measures, so thinking this is a data source restriction? But I have just checked and I don't seem to be able to do this on an Excel data source either. Am I missing something very obvious here?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Agata,

I just spin a story out of 'Excel. Seems to be working for me via input-control.(2nd screenshot)

I believe you are missing to 'Check' on Product under Dimension-context via Input-control.

Note: I don't specify dimension-context filter and brought me all office locations, even though my condition is set to bring salary greater than 2M. (1st screenshot)

thanks

View Entire Topic
DebjitSingha
Active Contributor

Hello agata_lukasiewicz,

You are looking for measure based input control, that let you filter based on range. This is not supported on live connection.

On live connection, input control on measures can allow filtering on measure columns only (provided you have multiple measures under account dim). While creating story by simple drag and drop of excel, you end up creating story on top of dataset (backend).

If you create a model out of imported excel data then this function will be available. Beside other import connection/ model will let you create measure based input control (with range). Here is an example on imported model-

Say you want to show only order ID > 10K

Insert input control (at this point you are adding page input control, if you want to avoid filtering other charts using the same measures- you can do so by creating calculated measure and then use the same in input control)

Select dim and range condition

Final output:

Again this is supported on model on import connection or on models created from local files. Theoretically calculated measures with if condition should allow such setup as well.

Hope this information helps. Let us know if you have any query around this topic.

Viewers/ readers - If you find above information helpful, feel free to up-vote (arrows on left side).

Thanks,

Debjit

Thank you Debjit,

I can confirm that I am not able to create an input control based on measures with a live connection. Thus, I am not able to follow the routine you describe. However, thank you for explaining how to achieve this on an acquired data source - I would not have figured it out by myself, it is not really intuitive isn't it?

This is a real shame that such a basic filtering feature is not available in SAC on a live connection.

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor

Hello agata_lukasiewicz,

Some features are only available on specific data sources. For instance this filtering on range of measure value is supported on imported models. Some functions and features take sometime to grasp. SAC some time requires some involvement of IT. With every titration of update new functions are rolled out. May be in future update... Btw you can create enhancement request and ask other to vote for it.

Thanks,

Debjit

thanks Dabjit,

I didn't know that. Can you share link to Matrix, where its easier for us to track what supported or not?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi mohdfahad this article here 2788384 - Unsupported Features with SAP BW Live Connections in SAC

this is the assiciated enhancement request https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/251307 please add your vote to it.

Regards, H