Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

SAP product version details:

SMP server 3 SP10

SMP SDK 3 SP10

SAP Rounds manager 3.0 standard

Rounds manager mobile add-on installed in the ECC system

The (manual) transmissions from Rounds manager WPF client are done successfully after all the initial configurations at SMP and Agentry layers (providing SAP ECC system connection details). but there is no data downloaded in the client from the backend. Entry lists section shows "0 Total" i.e there is no Entry list downloaded. We have created sample Entry lists and measuring points in the backend but they do not download in the client.

I checked the "Push scenarios by Mobile app" config in Agentry SAP Framework Configuration panel. There are these below apps listed (but there is no Rounds manager app listed there):

SAP Work Manager 6.2

SAP Work Manager 5.3

SAP Customer Service 2.1

Syclo SMART Mobile Suite - Work Manager 5.2

We are expecting the Rounds manager mobile app push scenario configuration also to be listed there, as we have installed the Mobile add-ons for Rounds manager. Are we expecting the right thing?

If yes, what could be the reason that Push scenario for Rounds manager mobile app is not listed there? and what has to be done for it?

If no, is there any documentation to configure this manually that you can provide us?

Thank you

Sajan Mathew

View Entire Topic
mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sajan,

After looking at your picture on August 2 you only showed the Agentry client to SMP 3.0 server sync.  It only gets the definition from the server.

What if you still have the old issue in the primary description above?

Is this issue below still a problem:

"

I checked the "Push scenarios by Mobile app" config in Agentry SAP Framework Configuration panel. There are these below apps listed (but there is no Rounds manager app listed there): <-- this one is this still an issue

SAP Work Manager 6.2

SAP Work Manager 5.3

SAP Customer Service 2.1

Syclo SMART Mobile Suite - Work Manager 5.2

"

Are you saying that your CONFIGPANEL cannot see the Rounds app?  Normally when you follow the installation and activate the application , it should show up.

The closest document we have is for Work Manager but you may reference it for Rounds (all you need it to replace the Work Manager install file with Rounds) as well to make sure that the app shows in the Configpanel.  My colleague documented it here.  Step by step installation guide of Agentry SAP ... | SCN (Check the different guide parts to get all the pictures).

So the assumption here is that your backend is not properly setup.  I am not sure if this is still an issue because of the date of creation of this thread. 

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Glad to see your reply, also touching various points:

I will try to answer clarifications pointwise:

1) I checked the "Push scenarios by Mobile app" config in Agentry SAP Framework Configuration panel. There are these below apps listed (but there is no Rounds manager app listed there): <-- this one is this still an issue

--> Yes, the SAP Rounds Manager 3.0 app do not populate in the Push scenarios configuration (But it does populate at most other places in CONFIGPANEL). But I was not sure if Push scenario config is really required and present out of the box for Rounds app. And Bill has confirmed in the above post  that Rounds manager does not utilize Push scenarios.

2) Are you saying that your CONFIGPANEL cannot see the Rounds app?

--> My CONFIGPANEL can see Rounds app at various other places like Mobile App Config, Exchange Object Config, Mobile data object config and BAPI Wrapper config.

3) The closest document we have is for Work Manager but you may reference it for Rounds (all you need it to replace the Work Manager install file with Rounds)

--> I did take the idea from Work manager RDS docs to deploy Std. Rounds manager. Also I have been referring SAPRM30-Install. pdf and SAPRM30-Configuration.pdf for deployment and troubleshooting.

4) My colleague documented it here.  Step by step installation guide of Agentry SAP ... | SCN (Check the different guide parts to get all the pictures).

--> Our Basis team has confirmed the ABAP Add-on for Rounds manager was correctly installed and the BC sets are activated. This was also verified.

Also the Mobile User is provided with SAP Full access to login to the Mobile Round manager client

Thank you

Sajan Mathew

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sajan,

Thanks for the clarification.  In this case, the issue will be tied to the data downloaded to the Agentry client when you do your selection.  Each of this entry is a query to the back end to get the value.

Ideas:

1) What if the user you are using does not have authorization to do Rounds for mobile?  One of our document that we have is a cheat list that the user has to have certain access to do Rounds.  I think our complete list is here:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1892987  - you may check with your SAP basis if your user that you are using for mobile has access to key SAP transaction codes to create, display an entry list. 

2) The transaction you are running to get the value of the data is all stored in the log files smpServerName-smp-server.log.  Provided you have it setup as debug mode in the cockpit.

The actual BAPI that gets run to see what Entry List that gets loaded will be in the logs.  You may use SAP SE37 to run the BAPI Method.  Add the same inputs from the logs and determine why it is returning zero.  you will be exposed to the BAPI method where inputs and outputs (Results) are being displayed.  Sometimes at this point in the process, you may see or the business user may see why the Entry List is blank for this said user.  Read on SE37 or debugging ABAP on how to play with Break points and creating Test. 

The assumption here is that the actual BAPI query is returning null.  So in any black box design you have inputs into the black box (Parameters) then the box processes it then gives an output.

--Input --> [  Black Box ] --Output/Results ->  The method is returning zero.

So some of the inputs could be null or blank.  You may need to run SE37 to find out.

You will see the name of the BAPI at the time you choose your selection in the app and transmit. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks a lot for your valuable ideas. I checked both of your points.

1) User had all the authorization and access.

2) Checked SE37 with the input parameters collected from the logs, they returned some output. This is a good troubleshooting idea though to test the data flow.

This finally was found to be the Agentry client issue. When I used IPhone RM client to test the same, it works. All the standard functionalities are working successfully now.

Best Regards

Sajan Mathew

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sajan,

Looks good. So this was in fact a compatibility issue.  Win32 (32 bits) is not supported in SMP 3.0.  It is available in the download area for backward compatibility (for testing) but not for development and production use.  It should be removed as it causes confusion.  In our SAP proactive customer outreach (support upskilling) with customers we specifically tell them to avoid that installer.  It is not compatible with the SMP 3.0 servers (some people get it to work but it is not supported if you have any reported bugs to it).

This is the reference.  Agentry Toolkit - 64-bit Only | SCN

Also sometimes the demo app in the app store that gets released was based on the Agentry Android client that was available during the product release (it could be dated).  The way upgrade works or patching works in SAP is that if an identified bug was realized and fixed, it will be available for download in the SAP Software center as a SMP 3.0 SDK latest release.

So if a demo client is available online (with a Agentry Android client version X), there may be reports or issues on that version X and will be fixed in Version SMP 3.0 SDK version Y.  So if you have issues on the demo download on the app store.  You just need to download the version SMP 3.0 SDK version Y (latest release) and sync and see if it works.

Golden rule of thumb.  Always go by what the latest SMP 3.0 SDK downloadable in SAP versus using the Mobile ERP/CRM Demo Application (Ex: Work Manager, Rounds, Service Manager) in App store Google/Iphone to gauge if it is working or not.  As the one in the app store (i.e. Demo apps - Rounds/WorkManager) normally is slightly dated compared to what is available for all to use in the platform download area (SDK).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe