Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAP - Create mandatory fields Popup

lars_kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I have a managed RAP app and when I mark fields as mandatory, a popup with exactly these fields opens when I create it. After the popup, I get to the object page as usual and can enter the other fields.

create.PNGb_create.PNG

Can I switch off this pop-up? I think it only came with oData V4.
It would be even better if I could influence which mandatory fields are in this popup and which are not. The reason is, I have several mandatory fields but they are all split across different sections in the object page. It would only be important to enter the first two via the popup right from the start.

For Example:

I have marked several fields as mandatory, but only the first two are used in the popup.

b_create_1.PNG

regards 

Lars

View Entire Topic
sandeep_rs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The popup comes because w/o the mandatory fields having a value, even the creation in the draft table in the backend would fail! Create is actually a 2 step process - first draft record is created and then as user provides more details within the object page, the newly created draft record is updated. Once the user clicks Create in the footer, the record is actually created in the active table i.e. the new record is activated!

It is therefore very much required that the mandatory fields are provided values before we attempt to create rows. 

If what you say about mandatory fields in other sections not coming up is correct, I would say this is a bug in the logic and you should raise an incident to get this fixed.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Ramjee_korada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Sandeep, I am curious how the draft records creation would fail if they are not key fields. Ideally just uuid(managed) would be enough.
sandeep_rs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Sorry I meant mandatory key field! Could also be that it is an immutable field - see V4 specific section "Working with the Create Dialog in POST-Based Create" in https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/#/topic/b623e0bbbb2b4147b2d0516c463921a0 for the full list of cases where the dialog would show up!
lars_kr
Participant
0 Kudos

My example is not an error, but an example of how I would like it to be. It makes no sense from the workflow that all mandatory fields appear in this popup. The reason is that I have several different object pages. Depending on the selection in the popup, the object page changes and some sections disappear. It therefore makes no sense for all mandatory fields to appear in the popup if they do not exist. 

Ramjee_korada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Sandeep for the clarification. Now I agree - mandatory key field / immutable field