cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to preview app in BAS

RaminS
Participant

Does anyone know why sometimes when trying to Preview Application in BAS (or $npm run start), the sign-in prompt comes up but does not authenticate against the backend gateway (on-premise).

This happens to all the developers in our team, once in a while, usually we're able to run the Fiori apps in BAS, but occasionally we're stuck at the sign-in prompt.

No errors in the console. I tried restarted the dev space, clearing browser cache, nothing helped.

Can anyone help us understand what's happening here?

Would appreciate it.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

This is causing a lot of issues. Even in the same workspace, there'd be one project that runs and another that doesn't. No errors in the console.

SugguSandeep
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is this resolved ?

Did you connect any On Premise System ?

Explain Required in much more detail

Thank You,
Suggu Sandeep.
(SAP - The Best Run)

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

It's not resolved.

Yes, we have on-premise backend.

thanks.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

What other detail do you need? There are no errors in the logs. The only way to resolve it to close all browser sessions and re-open. We use Chrome. Here's a sample deploy yaml file:

# yaml-language-server: $schema=https://sap.github.io/ui5-tooling/schema/ui5.yaml.json
specVersion: "2.4"metadata: name: coo.rps.zrps_sup_notiftype: applicationbuilder: resources: excludes: - /test/** - /localService/** customTasks: - name: deploy-to-abap afterTask: generateCachebusterInfo configuration: target: destination: DGW url: ... app: name: ZRPS_SUP_NOTIF description: Deploy to DGW package: ZMMS_GW transport: DGWK900963 exclude: - /test/

Not sure what other details I can provide.

petr_stribrny
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ramin,

Based on your description it looks like a stored data issue. You wrote you tried to restart the dev space, to clear browser cache, and nothing helped. When you will be facing the issue again, could you please try to clear site data? Go to More Tools - > Developer Tools -> Application -> Storage -> Clear site data, and refresh the browser. You will need to sign in again, but at least you shouldn’t be forced to close all browser windows.

Best Regards,
Petr
RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

It didn't work, I cleared application data as you instructed. Now when I do npm run start, I don't even get a login prompt, I get this:

The run script stops mid-way:

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing to add: today I was able to Preview one app, but not another.

The only way was to close all browser sessions and go back into BAS, now I can run both apps.

petr_stribrny
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramin

I’m sorry I was inaccurate - you have to clear site data & refresh the browser with the running BAS instance. A new preview command should bring the Sing in popup back and you should be able to sign in.
Best Regards,

Petr

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Petr, that worked! 🙂

How do other developers avoid this issue? This happens every time we leave the BAS session for a while, when we come back to it we get this error.

Do other developers always exit the BAS session before going for a coffee?

Thanks.

petr_stribrny
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramin,

Thanks for the confirmation the proposal works. I assume, the problem is, if you stay signed in and leave your machine, the token’s validity elapses, and the invalid token is used for the next sign in. You can reach out the BAS team to look into it. Anyway, I'd suggest always exit the BAS session before going for a coffee.

Best Regards,

Petr

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Petr,

This isn't working today, I cleared site data and refreshed the page, but the Preview keeps asking me to log in.

There are no site data in my BAS session.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Petr, you mentioned "you can reach the BAS team". How do I reach the BAS team?

This is a very disruptive issue, we have to close all browser sessions every time to continue work in BAS.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Any other ideas?

thanks.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Even switching between Workspaces and going back to a Workspace that you worked on 15 minutes ago causes Preview Application not to work.

Surely this isn't normal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor

This also happened to me for a while, but not for a long time now.

The only solution at that time was to delete cache or cookies.

I could not find out the exact reason.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, good to know it's not just us.

I just had an occurrence of this and there are no errors in the terminal, everything started fine, yet I'm stuck at the authentication prompt:

Clearing cache and hard-reload didn't work, .

The only thing that works is closing all browser windows, and restarting. Not sure why.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

After changing a couple of settings in the Terminal Settings the issue seems to have been resolved:

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

The new settings don't work today...

The only solution seem to be closing all browser sessions and re-opening.

Never had to do this in WebIDE.