Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB SSL Client Connection Configuration

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good day,

I am trying to configure MaxDB client connections to use SSL as per the following documentation.

I have two requirements:

1) Encrypt the connection from MaxDB DB Studio to MaxDB DB

2) Encrypt the connection from SAP Application Server to MaxDB DB

I have configured MaxDB for SSL with a CA trusted certificate contained with full chain in /sapdb/data/sec/SDBSSLS.pse:

2021-11-26 09:53:28 24522 93184 INF 12945 NISSLSRV U64/LIX86 7.9.09 Build 005-123-259-005

2021-11-26 09:53:28 24522 93184 INF 12943 NISSLSRV NISSL support started.

I want to first try connect using SSL from MaxDB DB Studio. I have created the file SDBSSLA.pse for the anonymous client which contains the server certificate and I placed it in the following installation path of the studio software C:\sapdb\data\sec - is this location correct ?

The issue I'm having is there doesn't seem to be any way to determine SSL connections on MaxDB Database. If I select the "Use SSL Communication" checkbox in MaxDB Studio login it still connects even if I disable SSL on MaxDB and there is no error. How do you troubleshoot ?

Can anyone provide some help on how to accomplish this please because I can't find any clear instructions ?

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
henrimuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi to both of you,

I am eager to read about the solution. I have exactly the same two requirements than Nelis.

Best Regards,

Henri