Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Model creates non-summable data

former_member637839
Participant

Fellow users,

I have a Story in which I have my data displayed like this:

The dimension used is called "Prodh L1", the first measure is a standard measure from my live BW-connection and the 2nd and 3rd measures are calculated measures based on measures from BW. If I add a second dimension called "Prodh L4" the data is split in several underlying levels. Below is the example of the breakdown for the first dimension:

Now I have created a Excel-file in which I map every "Prodh L4" to a "Prod Segm 1". I created Linked Dimension, looking like this:

Both are matched on "ID". I add this Linked Dimension to my table as a Linked Model. I add the "Prod Segm 1" as a Dimension and my table changes to this:

The mapping has worked correctly and most of the table still looks the same. However: all the 'zero' values - which were presented as a "-" in the previous table - have now been replaced by a diagonal line in the cell, as if SAC says it can't calculate anything there. If I now remove the first two Dimensions and leave only my newly added Dimension "Prod Segm 1" - as this is my goal for this entier exercies - I get this:

Instead of getting the aggregated sums for all the underlying levels, it gives me all 'diagonal lines' (except for the "ACT Gross Sales" column, because this column contains no cells with a 'zero' value). I'm guessing this has something to do with SAC replacing the 'zero' on the underling levels with a 'diagonal line'. Why does SAC do this? Is there something I'm doing wrong or is what I'm trying to achieve impossible due to some reason I'm not aware of?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

the columns showing the measure in your scenario, are those just values from BW (actual measures in the BW Query) or are you calculating between the BW data and the XLS file ?

and most likely it is not related to the Null values.

Regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

former_member637839
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ingo.hilgefort,

thanks for your response. The columns with the measures are just values from BW. The only thing the XLS-file does is adding a Dimension.

You say it is most likely not related to the Null-values ; what exactly do you mean? I've tried Martijn's suggestion and if I 'remove' the Live BW Blending and use the Combine Data functionality, everything works as it should...

Kind regards,

Stefan van Diepen

View Entire Topic
mtandreola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to make a story by blending two import data models on SAC. I have two common dimensions (Document and Position), and I am trying to make a table by combining measures from both models. The aggregation sum for the second model gave me just the total amount for each position, as I show in the pic.

Somebody can help me?

Thank you in advanced.

Mayte Andreolablending-models-error.jpg