cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to display Custom Messages in OData Response body with Update(PUT) operation

jahnavi_venati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a business requirement to display the custom messages(including the German special characters Ä Ö and Ü) with put operation through Gateway service ,will it be possible ?

Let me brief you the requirement ,we are having a language specific text to be displayed to User after update operation ,however I tried with response header but found no luck ,this special characters are displayed as ## due to SAP limitation as per HTTP protocols .But client is requesting to display these messages in response body ,as we know in OData the put operation can display only Status code in response body but not any other text .

Kindly let me know the feasibility ,in any other way we can achieve the requirement .

Thank you in advance.

Thank you ,

View Entire Topic
tugay_birihan
Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know, Odata PUT operation only provide 204 HTTP status code, unfortunately you can't find any context text . But I think you can manipulate operations with parameters, you can call CREATE operation with specific parameter and apply update operation in the backend. Maybe you can use deep entity operation to handle messages. Or you can give hard-coded messages in the frontend.

jahnavi_venati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick response.

I would definitely work on this approach of manipulating operations with Parameters for displaying messages in backend ,as Hard coded messages in the frontend are not so encouraged by our client .