Hi Experts,

My current declared logic in the OData Entityset is,

ls_paging-top = 500.

CALL METHOD /iwbep/cl_mgw_data_util=>paging
EXPORTING
is_paging = ls_temp_paging
CHANGING
ct_data = et_entityset.

due to that, it allows us to view only 500 items in the frontend UI screen even if the item records are more than 500. The incrementation (skipping to another page) is not happening . We don't see the scrolling/button press to skip and view rest of the items i.e., from item 501 to the final items.

For ex: if our Return order has 1800 items, due to the current logic (top is set to 500) we are able to view only the first 500 items and no further scrolling or next button to view the rest of the item data.

Kindly advise, how to scroll or incrementing to view the full set of item data in the UI screen.

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You have to implement client requested paging, that means you have to implement the retrieval of $top and $skip which are sent by your UI.

Checkout my following blog post

How to Develop Query Options for an OData Service Using Code-Based Implementation | SAP Blogs

where I have described in task 3 how to add client requested paging.

0 Kudos

Hi andre.fischer,

First, thanks for your time and respond. I am lucky that having you here.

Yes, I have referred your task 3 and extended the logic in the required class (Entity "ClmROItemSet). I have not touched the SEGW i.e, No errors in the program but while executing it, getting the below error

"Check the ICF nodes in Tx SICF: At least one node is inactive."

I have also verified your other blog "https://blogs.sap.com/2019/07/09/check-the-icf-nodes-in-tx-sicf-at-least-one-nodeis-inactive./" related to the above error and I found the test run of the host/service ending with below error.

Could not find host or port information

Message no. SHTTP082

So, need your advice on;

1) Do I take this to my tech team to get their support?

2) Without testing it in SAP GW client, how to approach the frontend team? Asked them to try but got a reply that, pagination is not appearing in the URI / frontend GET command (HTTP/1.1)

3) Is it must to call / generate Request URI in /IWFND/GW_CLIENT?

FYI, this is SAP CRM claims and return order search (item details) report so the input or search goes with GUID numbers and the extraction call from CRM FM and not based on selecting records from tables. We have OData service in SAP CRM system but the GW / maintain service (catalog) call, we implemented separately in SAP Fiori system.

I have tried using below Request URI

/sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_DLR_CR_SRV/ClmROItemSet?sap-client=110$skip=0&$top=500&$filter=Orderguid eq '000D3A9AD2591EEBBECF518F23999999'

(where the GUID has item records in the backend table) but ending with the ICF node error.

Frontend team, tested with the order number, as below, but pagination not called in the result.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_DLR_CR_SRV/ClmROItemSet?$skip=0&$top=500&$filter=Ordernumber eq '9999999'

I know I have asked so many questions to you now than the actual subject but would be grateful if I get your valuable answers for the same.

Thanks once again and looking forward your response.

0 Kudos

Hi andre.fischer,

I tested the URI in other testing environment system and it's working as expected (displaying records) that shows there is a port / service down in the development system.

So, I need your help or advice...

can I just move my code changes to the testing system and ask the frontend team to test or do we need to set the pagination anywhere so it can be called.

Currently, the URI GET call is writing without pagination.

Please reply.

Thanks again for your time looking into it.