Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Testing - Can't get data from hana cloud

tobias2022
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I am trying to access an already deployed database with my local service (in sap bas). The entitiy is very simple and has only 12 columns. When I start the service via cds serve -profile hybrid, it also loads the correct schema etc. I don't get any error message or so when building it. I can also display the correct metadata (yes... which is independent of the DB connection).
But if i want to display data, i get an empty resultset. Also if i create a function and execute the select manually, i get an empty response. but no error or so. Somehow the connection doesn't seem to work after all. The cdsrc-private is also filled the binding keys etc.
Is there a log or something somewhere?

View Entire Topic
Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi tobias2022,

You can always connect to your Hana Database instance via Database Explorer:

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/hana-dbx-overview.html

Then, connect using the same credentials you have entered on your app and it should display the table you have created.

Keep in mind that when you connect to your database using dbadmin or system, you will only see the tables that are exclusive to those users. On the other hand, CAP will most likely create the table under a schema - which is created by BTP via an HDI container. Therefore, to access the tables created via HDI-Shared, you can create a service key for that instance and then you will have the user credentials to connect to that particular schema and see all your data.

Best regards,
Ivan

tobias2022
Explorer

Thanks for the answer.

My problem in the final effect was in the typo in the synonym... so of course no data was selected....