cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving a user access to universe design tool and connections

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to give a new user access to work on universes.

When I add them to the universe designer users group they can login to universe design tool but it comes up with error DAC0005 - unable to retrieve secured connections.

If I add them to the administrators group it no longer comes up with the error but I don't want them to be able to access other connections for existing universes or be able to access anything apart for one document folder for them to create reports that they create from universes they produce in universe designer? Do I need to give them universe folder access or something, and how do I do that?

Adam

View Entire Topic
amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you granted the access on connections folders.if you are giving access on reteriving existing universes then you have to grant the access on connections folder also.

0 Kudos

Do I need to do this if they are creating new connections and universes to store in the connections folder?

Also where is this connections folder access control located on the CMC?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's related with new universe and new connections only then you have to create new connection and universe folders.Grant access on both connection and universe folders.

At CMC home -connections you can create new folder and grant the access.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I've made these changes, but it still comes up with

DAC0005 - unable to retrieve secured connections

0 Kudos

There are no connections in the connections list in universe designer, under personal or shared.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

follow below steps.

• Click Connections
  • Right click on Connections
  • Select User Security
  • Click on User receiving the error
  • Click Assign Security
  • Click on View
  • Move View right to Assigned Access Levels by clicking on Right Arrow
  • Click Apply
  • Log out of and back into the Universe Design Tool
  • amitrathi239
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

error is coming when you are trying to create new connection or reteriving existing universe?

0 Kudos

The error comes when universe designer is loaded, then when you click ok on the error popup Universe Designer appears to work as normal. When you then goto connections within Universe Designer, the same error popup appears and no connections appear under personal or shared.

former_member185603
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

what kind of access you gave at the connection level? Check on top level, make sure you give "View" only right. also