cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiori command hangs after successful run

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm using Gitlab pipelines to manage my SAPUI5 applications CI/CD processes and I'm trying to add the deployment step using the SAP Fiori Tools CLI.

On my local machine (macOS) I can easily deploy the application using the command:

fiori deploy --config ui5-deploy.yaml

However, when I run the same command on my Gitlab Server (Centos Linux 7) the command runs successfully but doesn't stop when it finishes deployment job and waits until forever. Even if I run the fiori command alone it shows the help information and again waits until forever or I cancel with CTRL-C.

I've already updated my NodeJS versions to the latest (16.17.0) and SAP Fiori Tools also to the latest (1.7.4) but still the same. My deployment step in the pipeline doesn't finish due to the same reason.

I don't have the same problem with other commands like "ui5" etc.

Anyone has an idea what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Abdulbasit.

View Entire Topic
abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've discovered that the reason of the problem is the corporate proxy. The outgoing connections are passing thorugh the proxy and for some reason there is a connection to the dc.services.visualstudio.com and connection hangs at that state. If I disable the proxy on the server, there is no issue anymore but I need to use the proxy on that server. I'm going to trace the issue with the network team and the problem will probably be solved if they permits connections to this server on the proxy. However, I'm wondering why fiori command is opening connection to this domain.

I've also tried to reproduce the issue on my windows desktop and setup the same proxy server but still I didn't get the same result. "fiori" command just works as expected. I didn't able to force node to use the proxy. On MacOS, I don't have connection to the proxy server. I tested only with direct connection.

I've attached log outputs from three different environments that might be useful for you to investigate:

I set the parameter NODE_DEBUG to http,net,tls

The results are:

Server -> attempts to connect dc.services.visualstudio.com and hangs even I wait for 15-20 minutes.

Windows -> attempts to connect dc.services.visualstudio.com and the command ends since the connection is succeeded.

MacOS -> does not event attempt to connect dc.services.visualstudio.com and command end successfully.

I hope these logs can help you to investigate more. I'll also create ticket with the same information and logs.

Thanks.

Abdulbasit.