cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse local history is empty

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just discovered that I have somehow lost a pageful of notes in a class source, so I thought this might be a good time to check how Eclipse does the source comparison with a local version.

Thing is, the option to compare with local history is not present, at all! I'm not terribly worried, I save everything to an internal gitea instance via abapGit at the end of the day but still... it bugs me.

Preferences in ADT look normal:

abo_0-1716388565715.png

Maybe I am missing something here, but... should I explicitly generate a local version to be able to recall it later or is that automatic? What triggers the versioning?

View Entire Topic
rainer_dattke
Advisor
Advisor

A local version should be implicitly created when you save changes in the editor.

Your preferences are okay.
Do you use the newest ADT client? If yes and the problem persists, you may create an incident and send us the complete support information (Help -> Collect Support Information).

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer, thanks for the answer. Yes, I am using the latest version of both Eclipse and ADT, though the backend system might be a bit older. How do I send the zip to you? What component should be used for the incident?