cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we require to install Oracle Client in SAP BODS server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using SAP BODS 4.1 Data service Designer on my client, recently i created a Data Store from 32-bit Oracle DB

I have installed the Oracle Client 32-bit on my client and connect successfully, i was even able to retrieve a table data view from the data service designer

however when I execute the job it gives

Cannot find NT Oracle Server DLL <OCI.DLL>. Ensure that Oracle has been installed and the PATH variable points to the correct

error, my PATH variable is correct and i'm able to tnsping

so do i need to install the Oracle Client 32-bit on my server? my server is 64-bit

View Entire Topic
former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can install Oracle 32 bit client on Windows x64 server. The job server needs the Oracle(OCI.dll) DLL in order to communicate to the database server.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but my question is i have installed the Oracle client but on a client machine which i'm using to run the job. Do I need to install it again on the BODS server?

0 Kudos

Yes. You need to install this on the Server and make sure you update the Path variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same error is still coming, i have installed Oracle client 32-bit on the server and restarted it, my Path is correct and i'm able to tnsping successfully. but still getting the error when o execute the job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you go through my previous comment here as it's important  you get that  information correct.

thanks