cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Overlapping request.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am loading data to Datasource from three infopackges with three selections.(say fiscper 2012, 2013, 2014)

Through DTP i am laoding data from Datasource to INFOCUBE. Then three requests will be there in cube.

While for next laod , I have to delete the overplapping request from cube for that paticular selections

(means the request updated in cube for ficper 2012 selection in infopackage must be deleted and the latest request for fiscper 2012 must be in cube, likewise for 2013, 2014)

Only three rquests must be there.

Can u help me how to do it?

Thanks,

Karthik irkamsetty

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You may model this in process chains.

After you load the 3 new new requests, use the process step delete overlapping requests and give the parameters that you require.

Let me know if you need more details on this.

Shilpa

0 Kudos

Hi shilpa,

Cube is laoding through three different process chain.

One process chain is laoding daily, another is weekly and another is monthly.

All are loading from same datasource through DTP(without selections in DTP) but process chain has three differnt infopackages with different selections.

While for next laod , I have to delete the overplapping request from cube for that paticular selections

(means the request updated in cube for ficper 2012 selection in infopackage must be deleted and the latest request for fiscper 2012 must be in cube, likewise for 2013, 2014)

Only three rquests must be there.

can u help me how to do it. I am new to SAP BI.

thanks
karthik

karunesh_mishra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In all the three process chain's after the DTP load process type you can keep the process type delete overlapping request from InfoCube under Load Process type.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,
karunesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If the process is handeled is 3 different process chains, you can write a routine to manage the deletion criteria, you may take help of ABAPer to help you write the code.

Mantain the selections as shown in the screenshot

Here you can select the deletion criteria, based on your needs.

Thanks

Shilpa