Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Arrangement Check Connection Failed

SG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, 

I am following the tutorial  to read values from On premise system into ABAP Cloud.    https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-env-rfc.html

At the Step 8 Create Communication Arrangement . when i click on the Check connection. I am getting the message as The ping of the outbound service has failed.

1. In the Communication Systems --> General --> Host Name is same as the hostname that comes up in the browser when i run the transaction /ui2/flp  

CommunicationSystemsInfo.png

HostName.png

2.  The Target Host Is same as the Destination Configuration -> URL < Host Name >

DestinationInfo.png

3. I checked the user credentials in the on premise system and the user credentials provided in Communication Systems --> Users for Outbound Communication  are the same. The same credentials are used in Cloud Connector also.   

4. When I Check the connection from Communication Arrangement . I am getting the error saying The ping of the outbound service has failed. In the error log it says the issue is in the service APS_COM_CA2_SRV .

HeaderInfo.png

ErrorContext.png

SourceCodeExtract.png

Please help me resolve this issue. Also, Is there any better approach to connect to on premises S4HANA system . Thanks for your time and help.

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

What is not clear to me: are you trying to call the on-premises system via RFC protocol or via HTTP protocol?

The tutorial, you quoted above, is about RFC communication, but I see in your screenshots, that you created a destination of "Type = HTTP"?!

SG
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi, Thanks for taking time and helping me resolve the issue. In the tutorial that i mentioned. It does not talk about creating the Destination in SAP BTP. I showed that screen shot to mention that the Target Host name that i used Communication Systems--> RFC Settings --> Target Host is the same as the value(Host name) that was used in creating the Destination.
ajmartins1
Explorer
0 Kudos
hi friend... i have here the same problem... could you solve it? can share the solution ?
vishnucta
Active Participant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajmartins1
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi friend... i have here the same problem... could you solve it? can share the solution ?

SG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for taking time and helping me resolve the issue.

In the tutorial that i mentioned. It does not talk about creating the Destination in SAP BTP. I showed that screen shot to mention that the Target Host name that i used Communication Systems--> RFC Settings --> Target Host is the same as the value(Host name) that was used in creating the Destination.

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

this is not an "answer" to your question, is it? So instead of posting it in the answers section, you should move it to the comments section...