cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client proxy v4 read incomplete data unknown reason

babuilyas
Participant
0 Kudos

I face an unknown issue with my client proxy implementation in the read operation.

I tried follow each instructions in Ande Fisher blog post and can perform read successfully and also found the generated request for filters, select, top methods also work well if took to postman.

How to use the OData Client Proxy in SAP S/4 HANA | SAP Blogs

However I get only one record in the LT (itab) but the same request returns 3 records in postman. The behavior is somehow unpredictable in case of Datetime in comparison.

Runtime URI

Runtime LT status

Postman Result for same URI

View Entire Topic
Molle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Concerning your first (the OData V4 request): How many entries are in mr_business_data_internal in /IWBEP/CL_CP_RESPONSE when fetching the response business data? One or three?

babuilyas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, We have created an OSS. But I think it will take a bit longer to get response.

For you question, I performed the test again and found following.

Grab request from ICM log:

Grab debug state of mr_business_data_internal

I hope this was your question. The issue is still open, and we are stopped in the integration scenario due to this unexpected behavior of data for the requests from SAP system. The same request works very well on postman client. I didn't try it CURL but hopeful it will be working as well. Do you think we should try it as well.

Molle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,
so, MR_BUSINESS_DATA_INTERNAL just contains one entry, which indicates that the response from the server did just contain one entry. Which does not match the response from POSTMAN.

I would assume an issue with the serialized request URI, but judging from your screenshots, I don't see any issue with that either.

I'm sorry, but I am really running out of ideas. I assume this is either something trivial which I am currently missing or something very nasty only coming up under special circumstances. Something like this has not yet been reported to us, and our own test do also not show such an issue.

I fear we have reached the end of the line for remote consulting here. We really need an incident on OPU-GW-CP so that I or one of my colleagues can check hands-on what is going wrong here.

former_member826817
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,
we already raised an incident with the folllowing details:
8000004608 OData, CLNT Proxy, GW CLNT unexp. beha
I guess the topic needs some deeper investigation as it's non-trivial and somehow behaving very strange.

Molle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

I can neither find an incident with number 8000004608 nor do I see any open incidents on component OPU-GW-CP.

Can you please double check?