cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CF workflow dynamic creation of user tasks

0 Kudos

Hi Workflow experts,

I was wondering if there is already an option (or may be in roadmap?) to create a workflow definition with dynamic number of parallel user tasks in Cloud foundry?

E.G in parallel gateway we need maximum of 6 parallel user tasks, but there are use cases that not all 16 may be present - so with the current static WF definition they are sent empty and closed by the service as soon as first user task is completed(either rejected or approved).

this leads to performance issues - as creation of all tasks take time and in there sometimes is a situation when first user already completes the task while other parallel tasks are still being generated - leading to the situation that empty tasks are not closed at that time. Also finding and closing all empty tasks takes quite long processing time.

So I'm interested to find out whether it is possible to design workflow dynamically from the context set in previous task - i.e. if in completion of task before parallel gateway - 4 recipients are found - create only 4 parallel user tasks and not all 16, where 12 are empty?

Thanks!

Shanir!

tobias_breyer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanir,

we are aware of requirements similar to yours and there will be, over time, solutions to them. However I cannot share timelines.

For the moment, you might want to have a look at Referenced Subflows:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/e157c391253b4ecd93647bf232d18a83/Cloud/en-US/1691ce9487a04938a49098d7c24...

Maybe I misunderstood your scenario, but if you have a certain, common structure in the data (like 4 mandatory approvals, plus a number of optional ones), you might be able to modularize your workflow with the help of this feature.

Regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)