cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add external data sources to Webi 4.1 (xls, txt)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the best way (if any) to allow my users to add in their external data sources to Web Intelligence 4.1? So that they can join this with Universes or just create stand alone Webi reports from their own External sources like Excel spreadsheets, .TXT or CSV files?

Thanks,

Matt

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback,

We are actually using 4.1.1 (service pack 1) and when I'm logged in as the Administrator with 'Full Control' to Webi I only can select the following data sources (see attached):

- No data source

- Universe

- BEx

- Analysis View

I can upload both Excel Files and Text Files to Webi no problem via --> Documents --> New Local Document but can't seem to access either of them by using any of the above data source selections.

With 4.1.1 is there another access level or privilege I need to enable to allow folks to get at external sources? If so, how?

THANKS,

Matt

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt,

You MUST be on BI 4.1 w/ SP3 to see other sources, this enhancement is part of SP3.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

I thought I read somewhere that there was a work-around to allow folks to use TEXT files with 4.1.1 but I guess I'm stuck in the water until we upgrade our Service Pack.

former_member213977
Participant
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Is there a way I can hide a data source option? For example right now we only want our users to have access to No Data Source, Excel and Universe as their options. Do I have a way to hide for example BEx and Analysis View?

Thanks I greatly appreciate it!

Tiffany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am new to BO,

how can we create report using No Data Source Option